Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ladies- 5x5 StrongLifts? page 2

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I do StrongLifts, and yeah, it's REALLY difficult for me to keep adding 5 at a time. I try, but I usually end up going up 5 every 3 or 4 workouts. I guess now I'm doing a StrongLifts-inspired deal, where I go up whenever I can. I also have the most problems with OHP. I hate them so much. If I miss a single workout, I'm back to the bar. It's frustrating, but I like the program overall, so I don't mind slow progress or even hitting a plateu. In my mind, stagnating is better than nothing at all.

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Is going to failure on 5x5 bad or okay? I've been reading that going to failure requires more rest in between, wereas going to a certain % of max effort is better for progress? I always thought I had to go to failure every set
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally415 View Post
    Is going to failure on 5x5 bad or okay? I've been reading that going to failure requires more rest in between, wereas going to a certain % of max effort is better for progress? I always thought I had to go to failure every set
    Do you mean technical failure or actual failure? I go to technical failure, if I can't maintain proper form then I don't continue. It might be a bit slower that way, but it certainly reduces the chance for injury.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12