Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for quickest way to lose weight (fat) with PB page

denisedb is offline Member

Advice for quickest way to lose weight (fat) with PB

Primal Fuel
    Hi there,

I've been following the PB diet for a while, feeling better little by little. I'm a 40 year old woman, 5'6', 157 lbs, goal weight being around 130.

This is a totally vain question and please keep in mind that I know and believe and adhere to the fact that slow weight loss = permanent weight loss, however...I have an old friend (pre-baby) visiting in 15 days that I haven't seen in 15 years, and I'd just like to know how I can maximize my fat loss (in a healthy way) by then. Thanks for your advice!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    well, your goal is 27 lbs away, and I don't think that's going to happen in 15 days in any way that is truly healthful.

I would say that you should just keep doing what you are doing -- eat well, make sure you get enough sleep and movement, and keep going.

Thanks, Zoe. I'm just wondering if it's okay to cut way back on carbs...? would this help? and portion control -- could I eat smaller protein portions, being a little hungry? Not crazy calorie cutting, just not eating until I'm totally satiated. Recommended?

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    How many carbs are you eating?

I know I should be able to quote grams here, but I've got two young kids...a piece of toasted nori with my eggs in the morning, two leaves of raw kale (no stalk) and a fistful of parsley, an apple, a salad w/ lettuce, red cabbage, some hearts of palm, sometimes a carrot. That's a typical day, carb-speaking.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Well I reckon you could lose 4-5 lb in that time if you are fairly strict with yourself. eg

B - Cottage cheese with apple and a few almonds OR 2 eggs and some green veg.
    L - Mushroom omelette OR tuna and salad
    D - Steak or roast chicken with cauliflower or broccoli.

Eat enough protein to keep yourself satisfied, a wee bit of healthy fat to kickstart the fatburning (eg avocado on your salad, small amount of fat with your meat or butter on your veg) and try to keep carbs as low as possible. You could get grumpy though.

Lift a few weights once or twice but not too often or it will make you too hungry and you won't be able to stick to it.

Awesome! Thanks, Annie.

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denisedb View Post
    Hi there,

I've been following the PB diet for a while, feeling better little by little. I'm a 40 year old woman, 5'6', 157 lbs, goal weight being around 130.

This is a totally vain question and please keep in mind that I know and believe and adhere to the fact that slow weight loss = permanent weight loss, however...I have an old friend (pre-baby) visiting in 15 days that I haven't seen in 15 years, and I'd just like to know how I can maximize my fat loss (in a healthy way) by then. Thanks for your advice!
    I think the best solution would be a combination of very-low-carb, intermittent fasting, and following a regular exercise routine. I strongly believe that intermittent fasting would be a better option than portion control.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Lower carbs means faster weightloss. This is pretty much generally known.

But this does not mean you HAVE to lower your carb levels to lose weight. Nor does it mean doing so is healthy. I encourage you to experiment with finding a WOE within the Primal Blueprint that keeps you energized, focused, and steadily losing. If that means higher carb levels, then that's what you need. If it means lower carb levels, then that's fine too.

27 pounds in 15 days though? That's going to be tough, even on a VLC diet. Your goal may be a little unrealistic. Relax a little and focus on finding your own personal "weightloss" groove. You'll find it and over time, you'll get to your goal weight.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I second dizzyronage. I have used vlc and fasting for about a month now with great success. Make sure you keep your activity up, do that slow movement, lift some heavy stuff and get a sprint in once a week! You'll see body comp changes quicker that way. Also, don't be afraid of food, it's good for you!
    And please remember, if you spend all your time focused on a number on the scale then you will end up depending on that for happiness. When I'm in that mind set, a day that I don't loose weight will be a bad day, and a day when I do is a good day, and this is unacceptable. This is when I have to confront myself and say, "i am healthy, and happy, and that scale means nothing." Let your pants tell the story, and don't focus on the numbers.

Here is a great link of fasting, read all the parts and you too shall be a believer.
    https://www.marksdailyapple.com/fasting-weight-loss/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast