Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for quickest way to lose weight (fat) with PB page 2

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo712 View Post
    please remember, if you spend all your time focused on a number on the scale then you will end up depending on that for happiness
    This.

Also, some perspective...
    Is the opinion of a person you haven't seen in 15 YEARS really all that important?
    I didn't think so.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    This.

Also, some perspective...
    Is the opinion of a person you haven't seen in 15 YEARS really all that important?
    I didn't think so.
    Wise words. +1

Your health and wellbeing is way more important than someone else's opinion.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    I heard somewhere that eating nothing but potatoes for two weeks will shed pounds rapidly. Where did I hear that...
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I heard somewhere that eating nothing but potatoes for two weeks will shed pounds rapidly. Where did I hear that...

huh, what?!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Well, the fad these days around here seems to be the primal potato diet.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    I mean, I don't advise it... I'm not a doctor nor did I play one on tv, but a bunch of us did a week of water only a coupleo of months ago along with Matt from Tried & True Fitness | Time-tested strategies for building muscle, burning fat and optimizing health if you hit his blog and go back afew or so you'll see the start of the fast. And here is the back story -> http://www.triedandtruefitness.com/t...-1-back-story/

You might lose 5-10lbs in that time. It's not fun, it's not pleasant and there are obviously risks if you have underlying health conditions. Like I said, I don't recommend it (after having done it myself).
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    You could try a week of zero-carb: just meats, fish, eggs, with fat.
    Or alternate day fasting.
    Or IF.
    Or plain old water-fasting.
    Or morning exercise while fasted.
    Or cold water therapy.

There are probably plenty of things that could work for you, the problem is you don't know exactly which one, and fifteen days is not long enough to find out with any certainty.

I would read threads about the different options and try one, but without feeling it will be a magic bullet, and concentrate on being hydrated and well-rested. Maybe some extra skin-care. After many years, people expect body changes, but if you are glowing with good health, they are surprised. Wear something that you feel great in.

I can drop weight on a LC/HF for a short period of time.
    I can drop weight on tators - a day here and there is easy, one week is about it for me but some can go up to 2 weeks.
    I can drop weight on a fast - just a little more unpleasant depending on how long and what kind.

If you arent use to fasting, it might be hard(er) to go cold turkey but a fast does not have to be w/o any food at all
    Food for a Fast

I say "weight" cuz I dont know what is water, what is fat, what is lean tissue. But I feel like, when I have a water weight gain, LC/HF takes it off in a couple of days. I feel like tators is mostly fat.
    Last edited by gopintos; 12-13-2012 at 05:30 AM.

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    You know when people say, "you look taller on TV"? Well I have similar thoughts about people who project happiness, confidence, and satisfaction in their lives. Happy people appear much healthier!

Be glad you've found, and started primal living. Be aware of your progress. Be confident that you will reach your goal soon. Your health and outward appearance will make the weight thing a non-issue between you and your longtime friend!

Relax and enjoy your time together!

Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    You know when people say, "you look taller on TV"? Well I have similar thoughts about people who project happiness, confidence, and satisfaction in their lives. Happy people appear much healthier!

Be glad you've found, and started primal living. Be aware of your progress. Be confident that you will reach your goal soon. Your health and outward appearance will make the weight thing a non-issue between you and your longtime friend!

Relax and enjoy your time together!
    Totally agree with this. Stressing over it can be far worse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast