Thread: First IF page

federkeil is offline Senior Member

First IF

Primal Fuel
    Just did about a 24 hour IF, give or take 30min. Figured it would be a good way to round off week one of going Primal (that sentence makes me feel like an autobot).

There are a few things I noticed :

1) It's way easier to do if you're doing something, the only times I had a hunger feeling was when I just stopped and sat around.

2) When I finally did eat (normal meal, 3 eggs, 3 bacon) it took about an hour for the hunger feeling to go away. So I'd go by Mark's rule on breaking the fast, eat a normal amount of food for you and wait 90min and if you're still hungry have some more.

3) I felt fine all day with regards to energy and focus. The only time I had any "issues" was when I wasn't drinking enough water.

4) I don't advise starting the fast and hour before going to bed... makes for a long fast

All in all an ok experience.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Congrats-- I'm about to try again sometime soon. How you feelin?

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    I feel fine. Like I said the only time I didn't was when I wasn't drinking enough water. Other than that I felt like I could have done pretty much anything I normally would have.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your first fast. Fasting becomes a lot easier once you get used to it. I kept expecting myself to feel hungrier and kept thinking about it more in the beginning. Now, I know the difference between real hunger and me just thinking that I should eat. I don't really snack between means anymore either and I think that's a result of fasting.
    I've said it before, but the only time that I really don't enjoy fasting is when I didn't sleep well the night before and I'm exhausted.