Thread: Hi there page

Katharina is offline Member

Hi there

Hello!

After reading several of the articles and alot of threads on the forum, I decided to register and introduce myself - thus officially committing myself fully to the lifestyle of the Primal Blueprint!

A little bit about myself and my background:
    I'm 21, female and I live in Denmark with my forever supportive boyfriend. That's pretty much it. Nothings been going on in my life for several years due to constant anxiety, depression, guilt, stress and plenty of other negative feelings, ruling and controlling my life for as long as I can remember. It seems to be common in my family.
    Somewhere along the path of destruction I noticed that I would always make these grand goals for myself to accomplish within a certain period of time - striving for structure, precision and perfection. These goals often included losing a certain amount of weight. I weigh about 70 kgs (154 lbs) and well, most of it is fat. I would force myself to be eating less calories than I'd been told I needed per day, and thus began the routing of: 1 week of salad and chicken and NO fat, then two weeks of chips, chocolate and cake. And I would feel forever dizzy, foggyminded and the lack of motivation to do anything was obvious.

Well, I've started to eat primal with a few exceptions (which will be eliminated when january begins). It's been 3 weeks and although there may be several contributors, guess what: I can actually think straight again. I can read books and watch movies without losing my concentration. I can think creatively and constructively again. I have much more energy! And I'm getting more courage to speak to people and be impulsive - I signed up for a crossfit intro! I might have done that in a temporary summerhigh, but in the middle of december? I usually stay in my bed all day at this time of year (not much sun up here!).

Anyways this is getting long - I just wanna let people know how great an effect this whole process is already having on me

Cya around,
    Katharina

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard. I recognise the cycle of 'being good' or 'being bad' with no middle ground - I did it for around 20 years. Thankfully PB has helped enormously and these days I have little desire to be 'bad'...in fact I don't even really think in those terms any more. Great that you're already feeling better.

Tod
    Tod is offline Junior Member
    This is my second day of CrossFit when will the sore muscles end ? really is this what the rest of my life will feel like ?
    Welcome to the forum !

poamerdan is offline Junior Member
    Hi Katharina, so nice you could join. I'm a newbie too, and I would like to introduce myself if you don't mind I'm Jamie, I live in London, I work as a Sales Assistant in Debenhams. UK is a great place to be, except the whether might really bother you

Katharina is offline Member
    Hello!

I've been to England a few times - one week in London and recently 10 days in Manchester with a few days in London aswell. The weather is not a problem for a hardened dane like myself
    How long have you been doing primal? Is it showing any results?

Oh and I did the crossfit into class - couldn't keep up with the others at all, but I defiently used my body as well as I could and today I feel so sore I can barely sit down lol. Very proud

Maradevale is offline Junior Member
    My name is Mara.I'm from USA. Glad to join this forum and discuss with all of you

BredockVelpar is offline Junior Member
    Hello Katharina, I hope you are still feeling as fantastic as when you were writing this post. I think it's great that you are on a path to felling and living better. BTW... You're 21 years old, you have no need to stress! Life is too beautiful for young people! Anyways good luck and keep it up

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! This place is great! I've lurked for months before becoming a member LOL! I've eaten paleo on and off but never 100% (sugar has always been my down fall but on day 3 of none and I'm great!).

How tall are you? Sounds like we have the same stats. I'm female, 26, 155lbs and I should be in the 108-115 area (although I've had 2 children so that may look too skinny on me, but somewhere in that range lol) and I'm a hair under 5ft tall.

It's amazing how food affects our mood/weight...everything!
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates