Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muscle Building as a female page

Opie is offline Junior Member

Muscle Building as a female

Primal Fuel
    Hey all! I wanted to ask about muscle gain for women. I am currently preparing for an audition and want to put on a little more muscle, lose some fat. I am already pretty fit and do not want to look like a women on steroids. So, any advice on nutrition modifications or fitness things to try? Thank you all .

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    Lift heavy, eat above maintenance.

If you don't want to look like a woman on steroids, don't take steroids.

EagleRiverDee is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscellangela View Post
    If you don't want to look like a woman on steroids, don't take steroids.
    This. Unless you are one of the very rare women that has a ton of natural occurring testosterone, you are not going to look like one of those huge female bodybuilders no matter what you do. In my research, I've read that a woman training HARD (as in, hours a day like a pro body builder) plus eating the standard pro body builder bulking diet can only gain 2-3 lbs of muscle in a MONTH tops if they are doing it naturally (no steroids). And that's if they make it a full time job with 6 meals a day and 2X their bodyweight in protein a day. We simply don't have the natural testosterone, generally, to bulk up the way a man will even if we work just as hard and eat the same way.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Hard to give much advice when you don't provide any information as to your current diet and exercise routine.

Opie is offline Junior Member
    Sorry for the lack of information. I was quickly posting. So I am an aerialist. I participate in Aerial 5 days a week for 2 - 4 hours per day. I do heavily contortion training seven days a week. I also do tumbling and handstands between 2 and 3 times a week. As for diet, I eat a 60/40 ratio of vegetables to meat. I eat about a pound of meet a day. I am 5 foot seven inches tall and weight 124 pounds. I have a hard time getting to that pound of meat. My appetite is a bit small. Hope this helps!

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Read The New Rules of Lifting for Women. Then do what it tells you.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Leida is offline Senior Member
    NRoLW has a great pitch, but amazingly 'the same' workouts. Looking at your workouts & diet, I would say experiment with a carb up and see how your body looks like after you eat a few potatoes on the very next day - sometimes the pump carbohydrates give you produce a really pretty muscle definition for the same muscle.

The alternative is an annoying 3 oz of lean protein with unlimited green veg every 4 hours for a week and copious amounts of dandelion tea. That leans out and makes muscle stand out. But I doubt you can train on it and perform as you need to during your audition.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    NRoLfW, or any decent book on lifting, will at least hopefully convince the OP that they need to challenge themselves to lift heavy and not fear "looking like a woman on steroids".
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Richard Seekins is offline Senior Member
    At 124lb and 5'7" I can't see how you are carrying much fat anyway? especially with your very active lifestyle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast