Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muscle Building as a female page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Not all women will achieve the same success as Staci. I have been power lifting for 3 years, can do pretty nice lifts, but I stalled out pretty fast, and when I eat above maintenance, I gain 75% fat, and only 25% muscle. And I promptly lose accumulated muscle mass when I start losing fat. And yes, I did it in the scientific way.

I also found LeanGain impractical to follow because all the meat we own is grass-fed and high quality hence high fat, so maintaining low fat-high protein days means eating crap like whey protein and canned tuna as opposite to the good meats. Meh. But I followed it for a few months with no results.

Right now I am trying to minimize # of lifts and do 2-3 sets, one with a weight as close to max as possible, and the second - to failure at low cadence. And I only train every 3rd day. Did not see any increase in muscle mass yet.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Cwick is offline Junior Member
    @ Leida power lifting is awesome and definitely has its place. But if gaining muscle mass and/or losing fat is your goal, powerlifting is not the way to go. To do this I would recommend cycling German volume traing with hypertrophy training, alway using slower eccentric tempos.

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    As said before, it's impossible for a woman to gain muscle like a man unless she is doing some serious doping. Lift heavy and enjoy the results.
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscellangela View Post
    Lift heavy, eat above maintenance.

If you don't want to look like a woman on steroids, don't take steroids.
    This.

For a more detailed account of what it takes to pack on muscle (probably more than you want to, but still... ) have a read of this: Bigger Smaller Bigger

The guy did a "crazy experiment in the name of science and conquering boredom. The specifics: Gain as much weight as possible in 4 weeks, lose as much weight as possible in 5 days, and try to gain it all back in 24 hours." to mimic what wrestlers, boxers etc. do to make weight for a fight.

Very interesting read and really highlights the amount of food needed.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    This.

For a more detailed account of what it takes to pack on muscle (probably more than you want to, but still... ) have a read of this: Bigger Smaller Bigger

The guy did a "crazy experiment in the name of science and conquering boredom. The specifics: Gain as much weight as possible in 4 weeks, lose as much weight as possible in 5 days, and try to gain it all back in 24 hours." to mimic what wrestlers, boxers etc. do to make weight for a fight.

Very interesting read and really highlights the amount of food needed.
    That is insane. Very cool

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am not sure why you would need to do much else. You are already doing a pretty intense workout.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12