Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well.. poop. (Not for the faint hearted) page

Drlove is offline Senior Member

Well.. poop. (Not for the faint hearted)

Primal Fuel
    Indeed, quite a nasty matter.
    I do seem to have IBS so I visit the toilet probably more than your average person.
    That's alright with me. One little problem, occasionally it takes forever to wipe it well.
    Any Ideas why?, it's extremely problematic. (especially in the army)

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I'm assuming this is because of, um, splatter? If that's not the reason, disregard the rest of this post.

My only suggestions would be to spread your cheeks when you seat yourself and consider washing before wiping. You can take a dedicated water bottle in with you and using your arm as a sluice pour water down it and into your crack to wash things a little before you wipe. That's kind of a backpacking thing- check this site out, there's an illustration of what I mean down towards the bottom (it's a cartoon, totally safe).

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Hemorrhoids? A lot of people with 'roids complain that they need a million pieces of TP to clean up.

Maybe it's splatter, I'll try spreading further, though it doesn't always occur.
    About Hemorrhoids, doesn't it suppose to hurt if I have them?

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drlove View Post
    Indeed, quite a nasty matter.
    I do seem to have IBS so I visit the toilet probably more than your average person.
    That's alright with me. One little problem, occasionally it takes forever to wipe it well.
    Any Ideas why?, it's extremely problematic. (especially in the army)
    fix the IBS?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

snoops is offline Senior Member
    I think I have the same problem as you - its not splatter!! I can wipe and wipe till the cows come home and the paper is always brown... Not every time I go but a lot. I think we are not getting it all out and there is some fecal matter still sitting there needing to be expressed but short of bursting some veins by pressing it doesn't want to come. Maybe the consistency? At those times it seems quite gluey. Probably need more veggie matter to bulk it up. I know when I drink green smoothies my feces are bulkier and not...gluey... for lack of a better word. Is this your problem?

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    I know I saw it somewhere, like an older persons catalog (Carol Wright?), but they have handheld wands that squirt water, like a portable bidet (sp?). Maybe one of those, or the previously suggested water bottle will help.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    get a peri bottle... they're commonly used postpartum instead of toilet paper, and I prefer them over TP (gets everything cleaner), but that's just me.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    No, hemorroids don't have to hurt unless they get thrombosed.

Maybe try wet wipes?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    fix the IBS?
    Easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by snoops View Post
    I think I have the same problem as you - its not splatter!! I can wipe and wipe till the cows come home and the paper is always brown... Not every time I go but a lot. I think we are not getting it all out and there is some fecal matter still sitting there needing to be expressed but short of bursting some veins by pressing it doesn't want to come. Maybe the consistency? At those times it seems quite gluey. Probably need more veggie matter to bulk it up. I know when I drink green smoothies my feces are bulkier and not...gluey... for lack of a better word. Is this your problem?
    I think it's precisely that. I might try adding some veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    I know I saw it somewhere, like an older persons catalog (Carol Wright?), but they have handheld wands that squirt water, like a portable bidet (sp?). Maybe one of those, or the previously suggested water bottle will help.
    Well, maybe a good idea home, a problematic idea in the army.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    get a peri bottle... they're commonly used postpartum instead of toilet paper, and I prefer them over TP (gets everything cleaner), but that's just me.
    See comment above.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    No, hemorroids don't have to hurt unless they get thrombosed.

Maybe try wet wipes?
    Already use wet wipes, still doesn't help much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast