Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal(Ash877) page 2

Ash877 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am about a week in with no dairy again. Adding more fruits and veggies to the mix.

Starting weight was 128.2 with 21.0% body fat. Currently 129.9 with 17.0% body fat.

Today, I just wasn't that hungry. Didn't eat until 11, and didn't eat much. I suspect tomorrow my hunger will be up. I suspect I could fast if I wanted to, but I just try to eat to hunger. When I am hungry enough to drag my butt downstairs, that's when I eat.

DH is all sorts of jealous of my abs starting to appear. He suggested today that I ought to be a fitness model.

Dumping the dairy definitely is helping my stomach issues.

I have now lost 1" off the waist, 2" around the belly, 1" at the hips, and 1/2" at the thighs. Strangely, I have gone up 1/2" at the chest. The only down side to this is the pants I bought 3 weeks ago are already getting loose.

I'm trying to get sun in whenever possible, and it does seem to be lifting my moods. Can't wait until it warms up a little. Still a bit chilly.

Jergemy is offline Banned
    but that's going to be a lot harder.

Ash877 is offline Member
    Still off the dairy. It's getting easier as the days progress. Just have to get used to changing my meals up again. Getting in more sun. I can definitely feel my moods improving.

My boss said something to me the other day that made me laugh. I've been sick for awhile, and he said "What's wrong with you? You don't look like you are dying anymore." Everyone at work is always fascinated with what I am eating. I don't go into details about my diet, but they notice that I eat a lot of meat, fruit and veggies. They all say that they wish they could eat as healthy as I do.

Didn't make it to the gym this week, as it has been a crazy week. I've tried to do a little working out in the house, but am not obsessing about it.

When I started this diet, my gums would bleed whenever I brushed my teeth. I realized the other day, that they haven't bled in a long time, at least a month or more.

Ash877 is offline Member
    Just for fun(was not fun) I tracked my food consumption yesterday to get an idea of what I am eating.

2042 calories

143.5 g protein. 76 g fat. 107.2 g carbs So the breakdown was 44% protein, 23% fat, and 33% carb.

May not be 100% accurate, but I did attempt to weigh and measure everything. This seems to be the level at which my body feels optimal. I was happy to see that I got a good amount of protein without feeling like I had to force it upon myself.

I find if I just eat whatever I am wanting, that seems to work best. I had symptoms of low magnesium in the beginning, and when I looked up high magnesium foods, I found that I had been craving almost everything on the list. When I had to cut nuts out of the diet(huge craving in the beginning) I found myself wanting spinach and dark chocolate.

I had a period where I wanted pineapple all the time, that has passed. Lately it's been mangoes. As I don't have any weight to lose, and I am just trying to feel better, I try to not focus on carbs, if I crave it down the gullet it goes.

Probably my favorite food of late is sweet potatoes(baked) with butter and cinnamon. It's amazing the flavor a little cinnamon gives to them. Also, pork. I have been eating 4-5 lbs of pork loin a week. Just throw it in the crockpot, add some garlic,pepper, basil and let the crockpot do all the work.

Ash877 is offline Member
    Had a bad weekend. Ate all sorts of crap that I shouldn't have. I suspect that my calories were too low leading up to it. My body fat dropped to 16.9%, and 126.8 before I went crazy. The good news is, I recovered from it much better than I did at Christmas time. So, I suspect that by body is starting to heal.

Have had all sorts of crazy dreams lately. Before I started this diet, I rarely remembered any of my dreams. Now I can remember a lot of them, usually a little odd.

I stopped taking all supplements, as I think that I have been at this long enough that I should be getting most of what I need through my diet. I bought a few nail files, as my nails are growing now. Before, they would just break off before they got too long. My daughter wants to start eating better, as she has noticed how nice my nails and stomach are looking(she eats well at home but tends to eat crap at school and her friend's houses)

Have been getting huge cravings for coleslaw lately. Odd, as I have never been a big fan. Ate a big batch of slaw with carrots, cabbage, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Stomach did not like it. I will try cooking the cabbage, as it seems I still struggle with raw veggies.

Still getting a big lull in energy from 2-4 pm. Have been taking naps, as I work late nights most of the week. Going to try and eat more for breakfast to see if that helps. Generally I don't feel hungry in the morning, and eat pretty lightly.

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ash877. What does you daily menu look like??
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

angieluc4 is offline Banned
    Thanx in advance.

Ash877 is offline Member
    A typical day would be a 4 egg omelette with some spinach and tomato.

Lunch would be 6-8 oz of pork, and a banana and avocado

Dinner would be another 6-10 oz of pork, maybe a sweet potato with butter, and an orange. Or some carrots, broccoli or cauliflower(with butter)

Also might add in some mangoes or berries somewhere in the day, or a couple squares of dark chocolate.

Generally I just eat to hunger, if I'm hungry I eat, so some days I eat 2 times a day, other days I eat 4 times a day.

I've cut out nuts entirely, as I've been allergic to walnuts as long as I can remember, pecans for a few years, and more recently almonds seemed to be giving me issues. So the doctor suggested I just avoid them all. Also dairy seems to give me issues, so I've cut that out besides the butter recently,which seems to help a lot. However, both of these were easy ways to add in more calories.

My biggest issue seems to be Saturday/Sunday. I work 14 hours on Saturday, and 10 on Sunday, and am on my feet all day. It seems that I need a lot more calories over these two days, but figuring out how much is where I struggle. I bring all my food from home, and it seems that I never bring enough. Also, it needs to be things I can eat quickly, as sometimes I don't have much time to stop and eat.

Ash877 is offline Member
    Trying to add some more variety. I've been eating the same things over and over. Made some fresh pico last week. It went quickly. I was going to add it to omeletes and salads. Ended up eating it straight. Delish.

Running 80/20 most of the time. Going to try to get closer to 100. Whenever I stray, I end up feeling like crap. It is just not worth it.

My energy levels have been much better. I rarely feel the need to take a nap between 2-4 anymore.

DH is down to 212.4 from a starting point of 225.3.

I've been getting a lot more sun in, and it seems to be helping a lot.

Current weight is 134.4, body fat 18.9%. I believe it will go down over the next few days, as I ate some things that caused me to retain a good bit of water.(Was at 129.6 and 17.6 a week ago)

Started taking a multivitamin and calcium pill(calcium and d3) as my nails were getting bad again.

Ash877 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Had a ribeye for dinner last night. Usually it is not in the budget, but since they were free, it fit in nicely. Normally I am not big on a fatty steak, but it was pretty tasty. Of course I only ate about 1/2 of it(was a 10 oz steak) Also had some baked asparagus with it.

Weight is 130.4 Body fat at 17.9%

Have officially gained 2.2 lbs since starting. Initially I got as low as 125.6, but I think that was water weight, as I started at 128.2, and dropped to 125.6 within the first 10 days.

Need to get back to working out. I've been working a lot of hours at work, and that has fallen by the wayside.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast