Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not sore after workout? page 2

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think you are doing HIIT backwards. You want to do full out as fast as you can go and then rest till your heart rate is almost normal again. For example, I do 10 sec sprint, 1 minute rest, 20 sec sprint, 1 1/2 minute rest, 30 sec sprint and 2 min rest and then go down the pyramid. Or you could just do 20 sec sprint and 1 1/2 -2 min recovery.

There is no way you are recovered from a 1 minute full out sprint in 15 seconds.

These are good for you because it forces your body to work really hard and then recover and do it again. Much better for heart health than long slow distance workouts.

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snoops View Post
    I think you are doing HIIT backwards. You want to do full out as fast as you can go and then rest till your heart rate is almost normal again. For example, I do 10 sec sprint, 1 minute rest, 20 sec sprint, 1 1/2 minute rest, 30 sec sprint and 2 min rest and then go down the pyramid. Or you could just do 20 sec sprint and 1 1/2 -2 min recovery.

There is no way you are recovered from a 1 minute full out sprint in 15 seconds.

These are good for you because it forces your body to work really hard and then recover and do it again. Much better for heart health than long slow distance workouts.
    What am I doing, then? 60 seconds of work, 15 seconds rest, repeat x10, rest two mins, then start over for two-three circuits?
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by echoyjeff222 View Post
    What am I doing, then? 60 seconds of work, 15 seconds rest, repeat x10, rest two mins, then start over for two-three circuits?
    i would call his metcon, just because that's a pretty big work to rest ratio. the two minute rest is interval like, but i've come to understand HIIT as short bursts of work and rest.
    one isn't better than the other, though i think there's an argument to be made that a 20/40 HIIT plan might let you hold on to more steam for a lifting program.

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by echoyjeff222 View Post
    As I understand it HIIT is very fast and hard short bursts followed by enough recovery time to get your heart rate almost to normal. So like I said in my post I think you are doing it backwards. You cannot recover sufficiently in 15 seconds after a minute a full max. A full out 30 seconds takes me about a minute and a half to 2 minutes to recover from.

I am not saying you are not working out, just not HIIT as I know it

And you really only need to do 12-20 minutes of HIIT for it to be a great workout.

Freestyler is offline Banned
    I think youtrying a Pilates home workout would be ideal for anyone that simply does not have the time to go to the gym. This workout would help you to make the most of any time that you have available.

Freestyler is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think you trying a Pilates home workout would be ideal for anyone that simply does not have the time to go to the gym. This workout would help you to make the most of any time that you have available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12