Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insatiable! *stab* page

Stabby is offline Senior Member

Insatiable! *stab*

So I used to believe a lot of stupid things about health and nutrition. Still do, probably, but certainly less now. I used to think that caloric restriction was the healthiest way to go because digestion produces more free radicals than -non-digestion- and so I should just take a lot of supplements and eat 1500 calories a day, mostly fruit, vegetables and whole grains. I'm a 130 pound 21 year old male, by the way. Embarrassing! Problem is, and I'm sure some of you would have guessed it, now that I have been eating real food for a few months, I CAN'T STOP! I average at least 3000+ calories a day and it's a little worrying. I mean I'm getting awesome nutrition and feeling great with tons of energy and vitality, but I would kind of like to eat less. I don't know when my appetite and fixation on food will subside, it has been months.

Any tips on good ways to eat less or at least stop being so preoccupied with food? Try as I might I just can't seem to reason with my body that I don't need THAT much food and am always going to provide it with enough nourishment so it could perhaps chill the fuck out and stop pumping the ghrelin.

Would IFing help? I still eat 3 meals a day and haven't tried it but now I go 7 hours between breakfast and "lunch" and when it's lunch time I'm like a raccoon in a restaurant dumpster. No let's say a hiena fighting off his brothers for some antelope meat, except nobody is competing for my food. sigh

Also, caloric restriction for weight loss is moronic. But you all know that. I just had to say it again.

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    So I used to believe a lot of stupid things about health and nutrition. Still do, probably, but certainly less now. I used to think that caloric restriction was the healthiest way to go because digestion produces more free radicals than -non-digestion- and so I should just take a lot of supplements and eat 1500 calories a day, mostly fruit, vegetables and whole grains. I'm a 130 pound 21 year old male, by the way. Embarrassing! Problem is, and I'm sure some of you would have guessed it, now that I have been eating real food for a few months, I CAN'T STOP! I average at least 3000+ calories a day and it's a little worrying. I mean I'm getting awesome nutrition and feeling great with tons of energy and vitality, but I would kind of like to eat less. I don't know when my appetite and fixation on food will subside, it has been months.

Any tips on good ways to eat less or at least stop being so preoccupied with food? Try as I might I just can't seem to reason with my body that I don't need THAT much food and am always going to provide it with enough nourishment so it could perhaps chill the fuck out and stop pumping the ghrelin.

Would IFing help? I still eat 3 meals a day and haven't tried it but now I go 7 hours between breakfast and "lunch" and when it's lunch time I'm like a raccoon in a restaurant dumpster. No let's say a hiena fighting off his brothers for some antelope meat, except nobody is competing for my food. sigh

Also, caloric restriction for weight loss is moronic. But you all know that. I just had to say it again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVFBK9GhS5Q

What do I have to be, 300 pounds with degenerative diseases to get some advice? *grumble grumble*. Food obsession is problematic in skinny people too!

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Stabby... you and I are in the same boat. It is absurd... I just want to eat and eat. Just, yeah, standing in front of the fridge with windmill arms, catching every bit of food that comes out of there. I definitely am annoyed by it too.

Lets start a club?

RCrown2 is offline Junior Member

same here

I too have this obsession with eating. It's mainly at night and on the weekend. I love just eating and eating while watching whatever I so choose. I think this is b/c of stressful weeks and not eating as much during the week. I enjoy it, but it seems somewhat obsessive.

What do you like to eat a lot of? I tend to start with finger food veggies and mustard and move to almond/coconut milk with nuts and chopped frozen apple or berries and cinnamon.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    As Robb Wolf would say: How do you look, feel, and perform?

In other words, is it workin' for ya?
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ikaika View Post
    Stabby... you and I are in the same boat. It is absurd... I just want to eat and eat. Just, yeah, standing in front of the fridge with windmill arms, catching every bit of food that comes out of there. I definitely am annoyed by it too.

Lets start a club?
    I'm more inclined to call it a support group!

Quote Originally Posted by RCrown2 View Post
    I too have this obsession with eating. It's mainly at night and on the weekend. I love just eating and eating while watching whatever I so choose. I think this is b/c of stressful weeks and not eating as much during the week. I enjoy it, but it seems somewhat obsessive.

What do you like to eat a lot of? I tend to start with finger food veggies and mustard and move to almond/coconut milk with nuts and chopped frozen apple or berries and cinnamon.
    All of the above + more!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    As Robb Wolf would say: How do you look, feel, and perform?

In other words, is it workin' for ya?
    Looking good, performing good, feeling a bit like I was liberated from a concentration camp except with looking and feeling good. Fixation on food even when I'm full impedes my mental flow and I find it hard to really lose myself in activity without that nagging in the back of my head that I need to eat more. That's the problem.

Evita is offline Senior Member
    Your young, and I bet your metabolism is revved up and running properly after years of restriction and supplement overdosing. Im not sure whether you are trying to loose weight or gain but regardless eating high fat and healthy foods can run up quite high caloric totals. I wouldn't worry about it and just focus on enjoying your days and listening to your body. Im sure before you focused on obsessing about watching your calories so now your just the opposite--yee haw!

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Fixation on food even when I'm full impedes my mental flow and I find it hard to really lose myself in activity without that nagging in the back of my head that I need to eat more. That's the problem.
    Ditto.

I usually turn to nuts, which REAAAAAALLY rack up. I think a lot of that stems from being super portable and available readily as a primal snack at work. A lot of times i'll do the snacking veggies, too... too many carrots for sure! And holy crap, if I keep grapes in the house, I'm screwed.

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For me this only happens if I eat certain foods. Fruits, nuts, cheese, heavy cream... they all make me insatiable.
    Try meat, veggies, and tubers for a while and lay off the fancy stuff.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast