Thread: Join me on my journey! page

ConnieB is offline Junior Member

Talking Join me on my journey!

Primal Fuel
    I've posted a couple of times before, about getting started. It's been a couple of years, and I still haven't followed through.
    To keep me motivated, honest and accountable, I'm blogging my journey. I've never "blogged" before, and actually hate writing- I was shocked how much came out today on my Day one post. I guess I needed to get it out.
    Anyway, I'd love to have some people actually reading besides me. I think this will help me be accountable, and stick to it- especially if I have some encouragement, advice and feedback.

Here it is... Finally Primal

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I just started blogging too! Maybe I can be of help to you also.

I'm new so I'm not sure how to add/follow people??
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Me neither! But I your blog looks great!

ms sage is offline Member
    Best wishes on your journey Connie. I am curious as to why you are unable to take the first step? The hardest part of any journey is the 1st step. What is stopping you? This is the question you need to examine. If you cannot remove an obstacle, go around it.

I went wheat free 1/9/12. Although I was relieved of nagging joint pain (no good for me; I am a full time fitness person!) Also got rid of blood sugar crashes and chronic sinusitis. Lost a couple pounds. But is was not til I went almost grain free did I lose any amount of belly fat. And I have to keep my carbs low as well ot it just regathers. My eating has not been stellar in the last 2 weeks and I can tell by my energy levels! Need to get back on track or that spare tire will return!

Quote Originally Posted by ms sage View Post
    I am curious as to why you are unable to take the first step? The hardest part of any journey is the 1st step. What is stopping you?
    I've been trying to figure that out for a long time. Part of it is that I LOVE bread, cookies, cereal etc...so even though I can get through a day or two, I cave to my addiction to sugar. Another thing is, like today (I haven't caved today, but it is like I said only day one) it's 5:53pm I am SO hungry!!! Now I know that eating some kinda bread/grain thing is not going to fill me, but it will quell that knot in my stomach in a way that veggies are not going to. Dinner is soon- just ate a can of sardines, and feel exactly the same as before I ate them!

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
    I've been trying to figure that out for a long time. Part of it is that I LOVE bread, cookies, cereal etc...so even though I can get through a day or two, I cave to my addiction to sugar. Another thing is, like today (I haven't caved today, but it is like I said only day one) it's 5:53pm I am SO hungry!!! Now I know that eating some kinda bread/grain thing is not going to fill me, but it will quell that knot in my stomach in a way that veggies are not going to. Dinner is soon- just ate a can of sardines, and feel exactly the same as before I ate them!
    I think you have to power through the first few days and then it gets easier. I didn't think veggies would fill me up either in their own, but now make up a large part of my diet. Around day 3 or 4 i realised my hunger had diminished. However, if i had caved in and had cookies or something i would be at day 1 again. You can do it