Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tinnitus page 2

Catrin is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It really depends on the cause of the tinnitus I've nerve damage related hearing loss (which I actually can't tell, it is so minor), but it gave me tinnitus 24-7, it's been about 15 years now that my ears have been making at 2-3 different noises at the same time. I've adjusted to it - not that I had much of a choice. It would be nice to HEAR silence, but I've learned how to focus so that it doesn't bother me near as much as it once did. Colds, stress, sinus pressure all serve to make it more noticeable.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I've had it since birth (47, almost 48 years now) and probably made it worse cranking up the metal too.

To be honest, I only notice it when I think about it, or if someone says "Do you hear that buzzing noise?" and I don't because I ALWAYS hear a buzzing noise, like cicadas or power lines.

I do notice that mine gets louder when I'm sick, but otherwise, I'm so used to it that I'd probably freak if it ever stopped.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    recently , my ENT gave me a sample bottle of Lipoflavonoids- it WORKS! it actually does lessen the tinnitus.
    FWIW:

"Lipoflavonoid is sold as a dietary supplement. It is composed of eriodictyol glycoside (a bioflavonoid found naturally in the peel of lemons) and the following vitamins: vitamin B6 and B12 (B complex), vitamin C, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, choline, inositol, and pantothenic acid."

Most of that should be pretty easy to get.

JEL62 is offline Senior Member
    I've had tinnitus my entire adult life due to repeated ear infections and no less than three rounds of antibiotics every year since my teens. Who knows which caused which, nobody to blame at this point, but a paleo diet has helped immensely.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    No diet related changes have helped. Getting a hearing aid did help lessen the noise in the ear I have the hearing aid for. The unaided ear still has very loud noise. I ignore it most times but once I tune into it it is deafening.

I understand chinese medicine can help.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    To be honest, I only notice it when I think about it, or if someone says "Do you hear that buzzing noise?" and I don't because I ALWAYS hear a buzzing noise, like cicadas or power lines.
    Same here, like now
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Wondering if anyone suffers from Tinnitus (constant ringing in ears) and if they found anything at all in the way of nutrition etc that helps with it?
    Change of diet has not worked for me. Nor did acupuncture or "noise masking." I gather there may be an operation that could help but I have not looked into it yet.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

jadedgamerx is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Someone was telling me at work that they have had good success with finding the frequency that you hear as tinitus and then pretty much blasting that sound/frequency until that part of your ear is dead. I'll see if I can get more information or some research links from my co-worker on it. I deal with it mildly and it definitely gets worse when I am stressed, sick or dehydrated/hungover.
    Quite literally, the wittiest signature line you can think of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12