Thread: Trampoline page

ez2cy is offline Senior Member

Trampoline

Primal Fuel
    I know you folks are not Doctors (well...some might be) but I'm not wasting my time to visit one. I'm just curious. I'll heal.

Heard a lot about how good jumping on a trampoline is good for you physically. Have one for the kids so I thought I'd try it out. Jumped for 10 minutes with the last minute being very painful. Between my shoulder blades is a really sharp pain. Does not feel like it's muscle as I can sit and massage it really hard and nothing. But I breathe really deep or move certain ways, it almost knocks me to my knees.

Just not use to it? Over did it?
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    sounds like it would be worth it to get checked out by a physical therapist or chiropractor. all that bouncing may have moved something around in there, or even caused a tear of some sort, so a chiro or physio should be able to help you get a better picture.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Ok, this is coming from a guy who teaches gymnastics at a high level and still likes doing cool stuff on trampolines:

DON'T JUMP ON A BACKYARD TRAMPOLINE!

I very rarely have gymnasts get seriously hurt while using trampolines in the gym. But I get A LOT of gymnasts who show up to the gym with something broken or torn from backyard trampolines. We ban our competitive gymnasts from using backyard trampolines (they don't listen...), and for good reason. Trampolines were developed as a training tool for athletes and pilots, in a controlled environment. They don't belong in a backyard--you can get catastrophically injured on one, even just bouncing around. By all means, use a trampoline (they're a great workout and a blast), but do so in the correct environment and get qualified training.

As for your injury: go get it checked out, especially if it persists. One of the most common things I see from trampoline novices is that they bounce with an arched back and don't keep their core very tight (a tight core is an absolute must while bouncing). This posture can cause a huge amount of strain on your vertebrae, compressing both your spine and your back muscles. Often you can get back muscles that seize up very tightly as a result and hurt like crazy. It could also be something worse, so don't F around with it.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    wow....I'm mean....just wow.

No idea. Thanks

I have an appointment with a chiropractor although it doesn't feel like anything like that. I"ve been going to a chiro since I was 18 (now 54). Have to see.

Thanks for the replies
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17