Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Cosmetics, Lotions etc. page

maba is offline Senior Member

I know Mark did a post on Primal home products. I would like to what my fellow groks use in place of body lotions, cosmetics y'day. I rarely ever use anything except moisturizer and lipstick. Do you suggest Primal alternatives? Once I buy coconut oil, I'm thinking of making a lip-balm at home by infusing the oil with cardomom and saffron, that would make for a yummy lip-balm.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I don't use a lot of stuff. I have goat milk soap that I LOVE. It smells so good. For makeup I'm a fan of mineral makeup. I don't wear it much except when I go out. Eye liner, mascara and lip balm is the extent of my daily cosmetics. Natural is definitely better.

Miriam Guest

I only buy organic products with the least amount of ingredients in them, instead of some that have a list a mile long. Coconut oil is the basis for most of them.

I use an organic brand of makeup available in Australia called Zuii and it is flower based and absolutely beautiful and an amazing range of herbal products called Tinderbox http://www.cheekyherbs.com/

Your lipbalm sounds really, really gyummy, I love cardamom and the saffron should give you a bit of colour, I am interested to see how it works out.

Shine is offline Member

In a recent search for local organic cosmetics, I stumbled across this company: http://www.awildsoapbar.com/

They are located in Austin, TX but their products are available at various stores around the US as well as on-line. I really like their tooth "soap;" it's not as gross as it sounds!

Catalina is offline Member

Definitely go for less ingredients. . .even "healthy" stores will have products with some questionable stuff, so be a label reader.

Here's the Environmental Working Group's site on ranking a lot of cosmetics for safety:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php?nothanks=1

I tried Aubrey Organics really natural hair color--the only one I found that seemed completely natural. It was messy and smelly and I didn't get it to cover gray very well, but it could have been me and the way I applied it.

Peggy is offline Senior Member

Catalina: Ditch the hair colour!! Embrace your grey & wear it proudly! (you'll be amazed @ how many more compliments you receive on your looks)

I'm one of those people who doesn't wear cosmetics well At All. They do nothing for my "appearance" other than to look bad. What I do do however, is make my own dipillatory sugar. I just am not in to shaving, but I don't want the hair either. After spending $8 a jar for Moom, I searched the 'net & found recipes for maiking it at home. I'm guessing it costs 25-50 cents to make 2 jars of the exact same stuff. The last batch I made actually works better than the store-bought stuff!

Sara6 is offline Junior Member

We use oil for face cleansing. Diet makes a big difference in breakouts, but my daughter who is anything but primal had really bad acne. We started the Oil Cleansing Method instead of the heavy drugs and it was amazing. She uses 75%castor oil mixed with 25% Almond oil for her acne. I use 25% Castor/75% Almond. Just rub it in and steam it off with a washcloth.

If she would clean up her diet, the remaining breakouts would go away.

Good idea on the Castor Oil Sara!

I had been applying it all over my face before I went to bed at night. I woke up with wonderful skin.

I, personally, am thankful that I ditched the stupid $15 Mary Kay eye-makeup remover for my $0.99 Vitamin E Oil! My 'Mary Kay' addicted friends give me weird looks when I suggest the switch, but it's their loss of money, not mine!

(Oh and take away my favorite 'non-primal' mascara and we'll have fist-to-cuffs!!! ;-)

maba is offline Senior Member

Thank you all for all the wonderful suggestions, I have to try and incorporate them into my everyday life. Some of my relatives back home (India) still use coconut oil as the only moisturizer. But the idea of getting my work clothes oily is the only thing deterring me from doing it - a vain reason I know

This is what I did while growing up and have to resume now. Before washing your hair, massage it with coconut oil and wash after a few hours. Leaving it to soak overnight and washing the next day is even better.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Maba, I do that too. I soak it with warm Coconut Oil and then leave in overnight. I have the BEST hair days after doing this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast