Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about low blood pressure? page 2

Michelle83 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    What kind of water are you drinking? Most bottled spring water and tap water (which are actually usually the same thing) are pretty low in electrolytes; either because the water source was low in electrolytes to begin with, or because much of the electrolytes get lost during the heavy duty filtering process and aren't added back.

So a person drinking a lot of electrolyte-low water is likely to be excessively urinating and losing the smaller amount of electrolytes they do have. You could try adding electrolytes to your water to see if it makes a difference (I use a reverse osmosis water filter at home and use ConcenTrace Minerals to add back all the good stuff that got filtered out).

Also, fruits and vegetables do have some sodium, but it's not much. I went through a period of time where I wasn't using any additional salt at all, and while it doesn't seem to change my BP at all, I feel significantly better now that I'm actively adding it to my food. So trying the suggestion to drink some salt water could be worth it.
    Thanks, hmm, maybe electrolytes would be it. I drink tap water (our water here is safe), so not sure how that compares.

As for salt, the thing is that I use a lot (and apply very liberally) of seasonings that are not sodium free, so I just don't think that low salt would be an issue. I eat egg whites too as well as canned tuna, both of which seem to contain quite a bit of salt. If anything I would think my salt intake was too high, not too low, but mind you from everything I read increasing salt is often suggested for low BP

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Definitely sounds like Adrenal Fatigue. Ephedra is the worst thing you can take if you have it.

Download Dr James Wilson's book "Adrenal Fatigue" from Amazon for around $15. Every symptom you have mentioned is a symptom of Adrenal Fatigue.

There are other herbs and supplements you can take to support and improve your adrenal function...

Amazon.com: Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome (9781890572150): James Wilson, Jonathan V. Wright: Books

Michelle83 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rueben View Post
    Definitely sounds like Adrenal Fatigue. Ephedra is the worst thing you can take if you have it.

Download Dr James Wilson's book "Adrenal Fatigue" from Amazon for around $15. Every symptom you have mentioned is a symptom of Adrenal Fatigue.

There are other herbs and supplements you can take to support and improve your adrenal function...

Amazon.com: Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome (9781890572150): James Wilson, Jonathan V. Wright: Books
    Thanks for this - they have that at my library so I just put in on hold. It does seem this could be a possibility - I read about it briefly. It definitely makes sense given my past/personality...to a T in fact. I didn't realize that the disorder could cause these type of circulation/lower body symptoms.

And yes, I have definitely stopped ephedrine. While it helped with my symptoms, it created a whole new set that were just as unpleasant.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    The am salt water trick I mentioned is helpful with (and specifically recommended for) patients with sluggish adrenals and is related to issues with Aldosterone. Here's a link in which it is mentioned: (I believe Dr. Wilson, whose book was recommended to you, discusses it on his site as well)

Adrenal Fatigue and Blood Pressure - DrLamŽ - Body. Mind. NutritionŽ
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12