Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Quality Carbs -- Starches and Greens page 5

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Never say "Never".

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Never say "Never".
    Ah, well, if you can develop one nutritional plan that results in the total health of everyone who tries it and never fails, then by all means!

I'm all for it.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Who said I have an axe to grind? I'm just tired of people making blanket statements that one way is "right for everyone" and that those that don't conform must somehow be "damaged."

Nutrition is individual, there is no one correct path that will lead to everyone's salvation. By that same token, choco is someone who's NEVER had weight or metabolism issues. Good for him. Not everyone can claim to be in that same boat. If he had had to battle weight, or other health issues in the past, I bet he'd be a little bit more open-minded about these things and not simply insist that everyone do what worked for him personally.

I'm happy that he's found success. The flaw in logic here is assuming "success for me = success for everyone." It will NEVER be that simple.
    Never stated it was that simple. Sound to me like you are projecting . It's just basic common sense that nutrition is individual. It's not even worth stating IMO, but thanks for your efforts.

And actually choco has had weight issues and has documented them.

You are making some very lazy assumptions.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Ah, yet it seems that someone who choses to eat a VLC diet must necessarily have damaged their metabolism to the point of being irrelevant to this debate?

That seems like a pretty blanket statement made with out regards to the individualistic nature of nutrition.

It's usually the case, hence the bitterness of those forced to eat low-carb towards the majority here who feel shit on a very low-carb diet.

If you're passionate about low carb I suggest you join a low-carb forum.

This is not a low-carb forum
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

dupe post

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    It's usually the case, hence the bitterness of those forced to eat low-carb towards the majority here who feel shit on a very low-carb diet.

If you're passionate about low carb I suggest you join a low-carb forum.

This is not a low-carb forum
    I don't care who does, or does not eat low carb. Sheesh. I know that some do better on a higher carb diet. I'm ok with that. I promise!

I just don't want people telling me I'm doing something wrong or I'm "damaged" because my woe doesn't match perfectly with theirs. To each their own, you know?

Paleo/primal is not necessarily a low carb anything. But if the low carb paradigm fits the lifestyle, I don't see any reason to demonize it just because some people have chosen not to take it that route.

I don't care who does, or does not eat low carb. Sheesh. I know that some do better on a higher carb diet. I'm ok with that. I promise!

I just don't want people telling me I'm doing something wrong or I'm "damaged" because my woe doesn't match perfectly with theirs. To each their own, you know?

Paleo/primal is not necessarily a low carb anything. But if the low carb paradigm fits the lifestyle, I don't see any reason to demonize it just because some people have chosen not to take it that route.
    Your projection, sunshine. I'm not demonising anything. Just stating the undeniable fact that low carb is not in the 10 primal laws. So get a sense of proportion.

I'm intolerant to tomatoes but I'm not so up my own arse that I'm urging everyone not to eat them.

Paleobird Guest
    Wow. So much bile and vitriol. Must be the potatoes causing it. JK!!!!!!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Ah, well, if you can develop one nutritional plan that results in the total health of everyone who tries it and never fails, then by all means!

I'm all for it.
    You asked for it, you got it. Here you go: Mad TV - Eat Less, Move More (Crista Flanagan) - YouTube

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast