Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with an iron stomach? page 4

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    What's with the raw garlic?
    Lots of people eat raw garlic, if you ever saw interviews with Andy Dick in the 90's when he was on TV he used to carry cloves in his pocket and pop them in his mouth mid-interviews.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Not an iron stomach, but I do eat anchovies right out of the can when I need a salt fix. I do brush my teeth after just to be kind to the folks around me.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    lol, I usually pop a clove of raw garlic everytime I'm cooking with it. Its kinda like a "healthy" shot of whiskey. Gives a bit of a rush.

Same goes for raw meat, I'm usually "sampling" throughout the cooking process. Again I don't think this is iron stomach stuff though, since it's so easily digested...

Beyond that heck raw egg yolk is probably the absolute easiest thing on your stomach and we include them in many dishes.

I love spicy stuff though and put out a hot pepper garden each year to be sure I don't run out.

The 3 day old pizza at college required an iron stomach.....the stuff above not so much I'd guess
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-12-2012 at 06:35 AM.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    You could all test yourselves in the border towns of Mexico.

Meanwhile, I'll content myself with hosing down my kitchen with undiluted bleach after I'm done handling raw chicken, thanks.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    You could all test yourselves in the border towns of Mexico.

Meanwhile, I'll content myself with hosing down my kitchen with undiluted bleach after I'm done handling raw chicken, thanks.
    Yes. While I'm about eating under cooked steak, uh yeah rest of my meat is getting cooked and NOT after it turns rancid. I'd rather err on the side of caution than spend days puking my brains out. I've had food poisoning before, it isn't fun.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I hope y'all realize that even dead germs are toxic. It's not just about infection. It's why you can't just let a turkey thaw out any old way and just cook it real good and make it ok. If there was a bad germ brewing away it in, the dead bodies, and all the toxins they produce are still there now matter how well cooked it is. And they can and will make you sick, even extremely sick.

Once meat has already been warmed up a time or two, it's best not to warm again and eat it, as all the colonies of bacteria that have grown through the periods of time that the meat was neither two cold to reduce their growth, or two hot to stop it, pile up in the food. This is a burden on the liver, which is a major organ in fat loss along with many, many other functions. We want to be kind to our livers and kidneys!

Many molds are also toxic.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    brush yo teef.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Another iron stomach here. Side of the road food in Nigeria, street corner cafe in Cairo, camel something in Kazakhstan, yep. I can, and will, eat about anything.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Mostly they thought it was way too dangerous, and that I was being reckless and stupid for eating it. You know how people are- panicky. The slightest threat of a germ leaves them running for the Clorox.
    LOL! I just keep tellin' everyone 'what doesn't kill me, must make me stronger'.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Another lifelong iron-clad stomach here. Mine can handle anything. So far anyway.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast