Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone with an iron stomach? page 2

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kata View Post
    I just did. Very interesting, I'd never heard of using raw garlic for medicinal purposes. It wards of vampires AND colds AND tastes awesome? What can't this stuff do???
    Raw garlic should be chopped up fine, allowed to sit for a few minutes, and then eaten.

This promotes the creation of a pungent antioxidant compound called "allicin" that thins the blood (for easier blood flow), reduces cholesterol, lowers tryglycerides, and reduces chronic inflammation markers.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    The timing of this thread is impeccable. I just got a friendly reaming from more than one friend over a recent "meal gone bad."

A few weeks back I picked up my haul from the butcher. In my haste to get 200 lbs of meat into the house, a package of pork chops was lost into the recesses of my back seat. 5 days later, I noticed a very subtle odor in the car and it struck me that I may have forgotten something. Sure enough, there was a lone package of pork chops. I hastily rushed it into the freezer until I could figure out what to do with it.

5 days in a car, outside temperatures averaging 45-50 degrees, the pork had gone from frozen to thawed. When I decided to give it a go, I rinsed it under hot water and gave it a brief inspection. It was mostly pink still, with some discoloring around the edges, mostly along the bone. It smelled ok for the most part but there were a few spots that weren't favorable. Nothing that made me want to vomit, but I know most people would have tossed it out with the thought of "better safe than sorry." Not this scavenger!

I picked off a few spots I didn't care for and cooked it in the crock pot with loads of garlic.

I'm fine.

I've had several occasions over the years of eating food that was... less than fresh. An iron gut, I call it. I'm pretty sure I can digest damn near anything.

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Raw garlic should be chopped up fine, allowed to sit for a few minutes, and then eaten.

This promotes the creation of a pungent antioxidant compound called "allicin" that thins the blood (for easier blood flow), reduces cholesterol, lowers tryglycerides, and reduces chronic inflammation markers.
    Yes! that's exactly what I did/do. I've heard at least 10 mins, but not more than 30-45
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Diana, so you were fine, but you said you were given a reaming by some friends. They found it unagreeable?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxcarguy07 View Post
    Diana, so you were fine, but you said you were given a reaming by some friends. They found it unagreeable?
    Mostly they thought it was way too dangerous, and that I was being reckless and stupid for eating it. You know how people are- panicky. The slightest threat of a germ leaves them running for the Clorox.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post

Thanks for the info!

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Mostly they thought it was way too dangerous, and that I was being reckless and stupid for eating it. You know how people are- panicky. The slightest threat of a germ leaves them running for the Clorox.
    I like to think of potential germs as a vaccine. Anything that might have been on that pork was probably all cooked away anyway.

Speaking of germs...
    The craziest thing I've ever eaten was "high meat". A couple years back...
    You can use any kind of meat, but I used beef heart. It's basically intentionally rotted meat. You keep it in a sealed jar for weeks, frequently opening the jar to let the air exchange.

Oh yeah, it's raw

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Penicilin comes from the mold on bread. There are many molds used in medicine. Of course a few kinds are dangerous. Bluecheese is made by layering slices of cheese with slices of bread and then letting the bread mold. They must use cultures that produce a blue mold. But it's wonderful cheese.

My Norweigen Grandparents loved several kinds of cheeses that absolutely stank from putrification. They love it and thrived on it. Rotted fish also.

30 years ago, or so, in England, doctors were giving children shots of dirt to hep boost their immune system. I think it was a test and I never did hear the result of it.

OUr group in Soul, S. Korea ate normal Korean food at several high-end restaurants and I came away thinking this was the most awful food I'd had in a long time. The Barbeque was OK, but everything else was either strongly pickled or well putrified. But the Koreans were quite healthy.

Truly, though, we have become so very clean that are immune systems have become weaker because of that alone. Remember in the Primal Blueprint Mark says Grok ate dirt, and probably a considerable amount.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast