Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Primal Blood Sugar Question page 2

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Not sure what you mean by 'being strict on carbs', but if you want to be strict about something--stay away from sugar, veg oil, and flour. You may need 'carbs'. Get them in the form of starchy veg (potato, beets, carrots) and low sugar fruits like berries, bananas, etc... Others may have different advice, but the more you demonize and lump all carbs together, the less happy you will be in the long-run.

BUT, congratulations on choosing this path and regaining your health!
    BUT if you are trying to lose weight, do go easy on the carbs. A few carbs can make a shocking difference in weight loss, at least for me! Keep them at least below 100. Once you have lost the fat you need to lose, you can eat a few more. The occasional potato, coconut water and a little fruit stopped my weight loss in its tracks for 3 months.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    BUT if you are trying to lose weight, do go easy on the carbs. A few carbs can make a shocking difference in weight loss, at least for me! Keep them at least below 100. Once you have lost the fat you need to lose, you can eat a few more. The occasional potato, coconut water and a little fruit stopped my weight loss in its tracks for 3 months.
    I agree with 'below 100'. I just get concerned when people want to go zero-carb right off the bat and stay there. The OP may not have this problem, just wanted to point out that PB is not a strict low-carb diet.

WendyLady is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am getting back on path after being forced to because my insulin is all messed up.

Anyway, the doctor warned me that I would feel really bad the first 4-5 days while my insulin was still spiking & plummeting, and that it would take another 2-4 weeks for my body to really realize it wasn't going to be fed sugar/extra carbs & to stop trying to store fat, etc.

In your case, you might have been in early insulin resistance and your body is still adjusting. Your insulin could still be going too high & too low.

Whatever you do, keep it up! Give it 30 days. Try eating more often to stabilize it. I have had to do this for my particular case, and I'm finding that for ME (because we are all different!) this works SO much better than when I was trying to do Paleo with IF and infrequent eating. I'm not getting cranky or craving sugar. Basically, I plan the next small meal/snack and I eat before I get hungry - so before I can even think about having to use willpower, I'm already satisfied & not craving anything. No shaky feelings or nausea, etc. It seemed like I just couldn't adjust last time - and now after only 3 days I feel SO much better. Three hours between meals is my absolute max.

I can't say what will work for you, but don't assume you should be fasting just because it worked for someone else. We all have different health & body chemistry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12