Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer in my yard. No weapons. How to eat them? page 4

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Can I eat ricin-tainted deer??
    You can, not sure if you should however...

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Beer?

Maybe you could ferment some corn or something. Get 'em good and drunk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    That's actually an amazingly great idea.
    Yal, I was initially thinking for the deer, but I guess with enough beer (in you) you can do anything!! hahaha And maybe grab the duct tape. Cuz ya just never know.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    Legality is only an issue if you get caught.
    Yal I always heard you have to get them before the poachers do.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Caveman_chris is offline Junior Member
    Surely persistance hunting would be useless outside of a desert?

How about sneaking behind it (or allready being hidden behind it) a chasing it into a prepositioned net/hole?

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    take the appropriate hunter safety course, buy the appropriate weapon that would let you legally hunt them during the appropriate season, practice your ass off, and then take the shot. poaching deer is most definitely not legal in any state of this fine union. you need to find out if you can legally shoot within the proximity to your house, neighbors' houses, and what the clearances are. you need to find out if your town has firearms discharge laws (yes, bows are considered firearms), you need to find out if your state has primitive weapons laws that would allow you to use a spear. sorry to rain on your venison-induced parade...
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

KG, sharpened broom handles? An atlatl? I hunt deer and nothing makes me sicker than the thought of a deer suffering. If you can't kill it quickly and efficiently, then don't try. Please.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Get ya a big box, a stick, and some string. Prop the box up with the stick and tie the sting to the stick. Put some corn, apples, carrots under the box. When the deer walks under the box to get the bait pull out the stick with string from your hidding spot and trap the deer inside.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I think this plan of hatched by Scott F might actually work. Given you had a big enough box, that was heavy and sturdy enough. Then you could begin to domesticate deer... AND MILK THEM! You could be the first guy to sell deer cream, and deer cheese, and deer yogurt. Think of the possibilities!

P.S. Imagine opening the box to kill the deer, that would be an adrenaline rush. I don't think I could make myself do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo712 View Post
    P.S. Imagine opening the box to kill the deer, that would be an adrenaline rush. I don't think I could make myself do it.
    Imagine when that deer seen daylight it ran you the f*ck over and trampled you with its hooves.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    The boy in "My Side of the Mountain' killed deer using a deadfall. The book has diagrams. It is fiction, but based on real experience. However, it might not kill the deer outright. Also, not sure about the dog/cat/kid situation in your yard. Might be dangerous.

Add another vote for learning how to kill to quickly. No need for the animal to suffer excessively, and if you are cold-hearted, well, excess adrenelin(Why is this word so hard to spell? Forget it- it stands, I'm sure you know what I mean.) can make the meat taste off.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast