Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Deer in my yard. No weapons. How to eat them? page 10

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    you'd be better off buying some guinea pigs and rabbits at the pet shop and breeding them. Chickens, too. Don't forget chickens.
    this is good advice. rabbits breed like, well...rabbits. chickens for eggs. even buy a piglet for $25, raise it and slaughter it the following yea.r there are cost effective ways to do things

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Knifegill here are a couple of things for you to think about:

1. You and your wife need to look into other methods of birth control. If none appeal check out the Fertility Awareness Method

Fertility Awareness: Natural Family Planning (NFP) : American Pregnancy Association
    It works and it will be helpful when you decide to have kids. I think it is very responsible of you to wait until you are financially ready. Hubby and I did this too. I'd worked as a nanny and read a lot about child development before having our child and I told Hubby that I wanted to be able to stay home with our child. He made that possible by getting his teaching credential. We live very frugally (no gym memberships for us!).

2. As far as pigs go, we are raising 2. It looks like it will be well worth it, though we paid about $60 each. You have to have a strong enclosure for them and you will have to buy some sort of feed. But you have 5 acres so they can forage which would be great for them! We also have chickens and that is another great source of protein; meat and eggs.

3. I'm serious read "Danny Champion of The World" every library has it. Free entertainment. A must read for any unconventional guy who is a dad or will be.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Can I guy not vent madly on t'interweb anymore? I took this as a tounge in cheek thread, was that just me?

Anyway on that note; Birth control - U.T.B.N.B
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    OK... I got it!!!!

65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    The other thing - about poverty - is that sometimes people appear to be poor, but are not, and others don't appear to be poor, but are - maybe not destitute, but not very well off either. For example, I grew up in a poor household, but we had the "pong" game and a tv because someone gave them to us. We had nice clothes because richer family friends gave them to us, and my single mother really knew how to shop at second hand stores for the best quality clothes. Etc.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My Weekend Project: Build a deer sized mouse trap and leave it on the roof with carrot bait on the 24th
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910