Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Oz again page

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member

Dr. Oz again

Primal Fuel
    He has a show on cholesterol myths today.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Cholesterol Facts vs. Myths | The Dr. Oz Show

...And cholesterol is the wrong target if you’re trying to prevent heart disease.

We fervently believe that neither cholesterol nor fat is the major villain in the American diet – sugar is. We also believe that the case against cholesterol, which was made nearly 30 years ago, was based on faulty evidence. The case needs to be re-opened and the evidence needs to be re-examined...
    Am I reading this right?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap, he seriously said that???
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Holy crap, he seriously said that???
    No he did not. The article was written by the guests on his show who wrote the book being discussed: The Cholesterol Myth. Let's not get out of hand and assume that Dr. Oz has turned to radical, wheat-hating, fat-loving lefty dietary "trickery" just yet!

Kata is offline Senior Member
    He didn't, the authors of The Great Cholesterol Myth did. But posting their article on his website is a pretty big deal. Does this mean the tides are turning?

lopeolinda is offline Junior Member
    looks good!!

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone know if this show was a repeat, or if it's new? There were indications that the Dr. Oz show with William Davis was one of the last of the season, so repeats would go back to hawking healthy whole grain SAD. The beginning of next season should be interesting.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Does anyone know if this show was a repeat, or if it's new? There were indications that the Dr. Oz show with William Davis was one of the last of the season, so repeats would go back to hawking healthy whole grain SAD. The beginning of next season should be interesting.
    If it was a repeat then clips will already be up of the episode on his website. If not, then it was likely new.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    The information provided by my cable company, detailing the episode, says it's "new".

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It has to be new. I just bought the book last week. The book is very new

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast