Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Oz again page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Bowden and Sinatra have held that belief for years, nothing new there...Oz was the one surprised.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Mahatma Ghandi
    “All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    The information provided by my cable company, detailing the episode, says it's "new".
    I didnt see it, but have it on DVR and it says also, Original Air Date 12-11-12
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

emmie is online now Senior Member
    I DVR'd it and watched it, and I was really impressed with Sinatra and Bowden. It seemed obvious (to me) that Dr. Oz would have loved to challenge them, but he didn't know the research. He practically admitted that like most practicing physicians, he relies on what he learned in medical school and doesn't have time to 'keep up' with the latest research. He tried to seem 'neutral,' but it was obvious that he was uncomfortable with a cardiologist who knows a lot more than he does about this issue.

What I truly loved was S&B's emphasis on how dangerous statin drugs are in addition to being useless to prevent heart disease. For obvious reasons, they didn't come out and say that doctors have been the dupes of Big Pharma on this issue for years, but it is apparent.

They confirmed what I read long ago--statins were developed for that small group of MEN who develop cardiac problems in their 30s. Since then, Big Pharma has managed to recoup its research costs by marketing them to everyone in the world--with the cooperation of doctors who take their medical advice from drug reps.

As S&B emphasized, cholesterol has been made a 'villain,' when it's a natural part of our body's processes. Low HDL is best addressed with diet and supplements like fish oil (if necessary). What's best--Omega 3s!! Fish, ONLY grass-fed beef or bison, vegetables, etc. Basically, it's Primal eating that will provide the body chemistry needed for good health.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12