Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Adventures of Matt page 2

matthewjamesr is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have now been Primal for two weeks. I've gone from 250 to 241 for a 9lb weight loss. But, I think more importantly I feel great. I'm sleeping well and have a lot of energy. Considering I normally feel a little depressed this time of year and I usually gain weight, this is quite the welcome change. I'm really glad I picked December to start and not January. The amount of sweets and unhealthy foods that are in the office these days is astounding. If I would have waited to start Primal living until later, I would surely be consuming these foods right now. The funny thing is that I do not crave any of it!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    You are making a great transition!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Hey Matt! Welcome to the lifestyle - glad to see you are enjoying it so far. I'm sure you will hit your end goal before you know it. Happy Holidays!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Thanks for the support, you two! Merry Christmas!

The last few days I felt the overwhelming urge to sleep. I ended up taking a 4 hour nap one day and going to bed around 9 on another. I think I've thrown a lot at my body these last couple weeks and I believe it needs the sleep to keep adjusting. On top of the diet and extra walking, I have converted my desk at work to a stand up station and also quit the daily coffee (this week). Today, I feel much better and have much more energy.

I have stayed pretty consistent with the nutrition. I would say I've been about 90/10. Pretty much the only indulgence I have is a glass of wine or two on some nights.

When I first went primal I slept and slept. It was great, actually! I slept like a log for 10 hours one night very early on. I think my body was so happy to not have grains and it was recovering.

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

It's been awhile since my last post. But, I'm still living primally!

I went on vacation after New Year's and managed to stick to eating 95/5. The only problem was that I was drinking more than usual and that stalled out my weight loss. I've been home for a few days now and I can see the downward trajectory again.

I'm pretty sure that I'm now keto-adapted. The ketosis "taste" that I had in the first few weeks is gone. I have not had any grains or sugar since starting out. I honestly do not miss them one bit. I'm a fat burning beast!

The next step for me is lifting heavy things and sprinting. I'm in the process of rehabbing my wrists which have had tendinitis for the last 4 years. In the next month or so, I should be cleared to start lifting again. As far as sprinting, I plan to wait until I get down to around 220 lbs. to save my knees. Currently, I am at 234 from a starting weight of 250.

Damn, I just wake up feeling great now!

You are really getting it now- doesn't it feel good?

Oh, it definitely feels good. Not only that but I do not feel deprived of food like I have when I lost weight before. This time, I eat as much as I want. Like last night, I went to Mongolian BBQ and definitely loaded up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12