Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Coffeeshop Drinks? page

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member

Favorite Coffeeshop Drinks?

Primal Fuel
    So I'm a pretty stereotypical humanities grad student and coffeeshops are ubiquitous for semi-social studying - especially in winter. I'm weaning myself off sugar and ideally would like to get to the point where I am drinking unadulterated tea. There are so many different teas and coffees out there to choose from though! I've tried a few I thoroughly disliked, so I need some advice.

What are your favorite coffeeshop drinks?

canio6 Guest
    I'm a fan of regular coffee. Rooibos 'tea' is also very good (from what I understand it is not actually tea, but it is tea-like). It often comes in different flavors; there is a chocolate mint one I am digging currently. If I want something fancy a latte made with heavy cream is nice, though you may need to add an extra espresso shot or two.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    went to a coffeeshop this weekend. totally dissapointed. bulletproof coffee spoils you.

if i ever go anywhere now i will order 2-3 shots of espresso and add cream. I have started carrying my own stevia
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    My current favorite is a double decaf red-eye/eye-opener/depth charge, whatever the heck they call it wherever you go. That's two shots of decaf espresso plus whatever coffee I want filling up the rest of the cup. I usually pick the cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice flavored coffee. I drink this black, no cream or sweetener.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    I'll second that bulletproof coffee ruins you...

but when I go to a coffee shop, I'll get espresso shots, an Americano (with heavy cream), or, if they'll make it, a latte or cappuccino made with heavy cream (or half & half).

I also love unadulterated tea, but I've been spoiled by brewing at home... we've got some rooiboos, earl gray, and coconut green tea at the moment (all from http://www.teagschwendner.com - I had a gift card and they have YUMMY teas, it's a shame their local stores closed)

During the summer, an iced Americano with some heavy cream stirred in is the MOST refreshing thing money can buy! It honestly hits the spot better than any sugary-frozen-blitz-drink, uber-sweetened-tea-juice or iced-coffee-cum-syrup ever did before.

I usually go for a straight latte during the winter, or a cappuccino (veering away from dairy, and cappuccinos have less, due to foam-to-liquid ratio). But I more and more opt for a straight Americano, hot and black.

What kind of teas do you tend to like? Depending on how snooty the coffee shops in your area are (the snootier the better, when it comes to tea), tea gives you a LOT of room to play, and is very rarely problematic (as long as we're talking brewed tea, and not uber-sweetened-tea-juice-concoctions).

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Spiced Indian chai with whipping cream.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    I'm so glad so many of you give love to the heavy cream! I love heavy cream (too much). I feel dumb for not thinking of ordering a roobios or americano with heavy cream. So simple. When you order these do the baristas leave enough room to actually add the dairy?

I am interested in non-milky teas as I will probably be attempting a Whole 30 after the holidays. I've tried various "zingers" which taste just enough like cough syrup I dislike them, though I like the idea of them. I like cold green tea though hot green tea doesn't seem to have enough taste. I like a "corn tea" that a local Korean restaurant serves, though I have no idea what is in it or how it's made.

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Pumpkin Spice Latte. Starbucks does a decent one but if you can find a local shop that does it, OMG it's about a billion times better. If you can't, settle for Starbucks, and enjoy it anyway because even in decent form it's pretty good. I don't drink coffee at all but during the fall I pick up the Pumpkin Spice Latte ... now I'm back to my usual green tea but I look forward to next fall.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    When you order these do the baristas leave enough room to actually add the dairy?
    it's a pet peeve of mine when they just dump some of my americano out to make room for the cream... c'mon, you couldn't have just added less water, so now you're dumping out some of the actual espresso?!

so... it depends on the barista... The starbucks by my work, for example, several of the baristas know me well enough to either put the heavy cream in when I order, or leave enough room and put the heavy cream on the bar for me. On the rare occasion where they have to dump out some of the drink 'cause they filled it too full, they often offer to put in an extra shot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast