Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Coffeeshop Drinks? page 2

Paleobird Guest
    The starbucks near my house does have hwc but they don't put it out on the counter unless you ask for it.

I just like a decaf with hwc plus a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    My fave coffee place offers almond milk for their fancy drinks. I sometimes get that in a latte or have a Kashmiri chai with the almond milk (and yeah, it's a sugar bomb, but it has pistachios and rose petals, so sometimes I indulge).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

lordgrover is offline Member

Red bush tea

I'm surprised to see so many here taking red bush tea (rooibos). Did you realise it's a legume?
    I'm trying to be pretty strict PB so I consider it off-limits. Clearly many here adding milk and cream is similarly non-strict PB so I guess we all have our own foibles.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    It's made from the leaves, not the seeds, so it isn't an issue.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lordgrover View Post
    I'm surprised to see so many here taking red bush tea (rooibos). Did you realise it's a legume?
    I'm trying to be pretty strict PB so I consider it off-limits. Clearly many here adding milk and cream is similarly non-strict PB so I guess we all have our own foibles.
    The tea is made from the herb parts of the plant... the green matter not the matured seeds.
    Legume seeds are avoided due to the content of self protective chemicals that they develop as they mature.

Lots if not most people here find eating the green parts of the plant acceptable... such as green beans, snow peas, and pea shoots.

Dairy is an individual issue due to tolerance... High fat organic, pastured, grass fed, and fermented being preferred.

Mark has made posts on both the legume green material issue as well as the dairy issue.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

lordgrover is offline Member
    Apologies. I stand corrected.

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    I always get a hot chocolate (whether at Starbucks, Elliano's, or a local place)!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I absolutely LOVE hanging at my local coffee house.

If I'm on the cheap, I just get their house roast, black. Typically it's some sort of fair trade, organic thing.
    If I'm feeling spendy I go with a breve (latte using heavy cream.)

Sometimes I have flavor shots added, but not usually. I take my own liquid stevia for sweetness.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Baristas around here look at me like I'm a Martian when I ask for just a splash of heavy cream in my red eye. It seriously took about five minutes for one barista to understand that I didn't want half and half, I didn't want whipped cream and I didn't want skim milk - I wanted heavy cream, and just a little bit of it, not half a glass!

Try a tisane if you're not used to drinks that aren't sweetened, they have a lighter flavor than regular tea and don't, in my opinion, need any honey or sugar. Mint and chamomile make excellent teas.

Ana Tane is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    An Epic Mocha. Made with Belgum chocolate. It's located in West Perth, Western Australia.
    A bit of a travel for some of you, a word of warning, a small cup is enough, a medium is a challenge and a large will have your sugar hit for years.
    Ana-Tane = (Cave Man)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast