Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That last 10-15 lbs >:( page

AshleyL is offline Senior Member

That last 10-15 lbs >:(

Shop Now
    How long did it take you to lose it?

Primal Tail is offline Junior Member
    From my experience, everytime I lose weight, I plateau about 8 lbs above my goal weight for an extended period of time. I'm talking about a solid 2-3 months. Then, out of nowhere, it practically plummets. Even knowing this, I still get frustrated when it happens.

I've found that not changing anything works the best for me in the longterm. Whenver I try to tweak something to re-start the weight loss, I end up gaining weight or plateauing even longer. When I let it do its own thing, the weight is kept off nearly effortlessly. (obviously not completely effortlessly, otherwise I wouldn't know that I always plateau 8 lbs above my goal weight )
    There is a way to lead a more primal life for every single person out there. Sometimes they just need help finding the smallest of changes that can jumpstart their quest.

www.primaltail.com

Thanks. I've never been there and I seem to have lost all patience lately! I feel like I have not eaten like a fat person in a long time and as such I should no longer have excess fat lol.

katiepotato is offline Member
    I started Primal in June '12 and found that the first 25lbs came off pretty easily, but then stalled at the "last 10-15lbs" point in September. A couple of things that made a difference for me - I did a Whole30 in November (well, more like a whole 21, I totally failed on the no alcohol thing 3 weeks in) and also started lifting heavier (Stronglifts 5x5).

The Whole30 made me see where I had been letting indulgences creep back in - like a couple of squares of dark chocolate every night, more as a habit than because I needed or wanted it. Lifting heavier has started to make noticeable changes to my body composition - the scales haven't actually changed that much, about 5.5lbs in the last 2 months, but my clothes fit better and people have commented on how toned my arms look!

I'm still not quite where I want to be, but compared to six months ago I am so much healthier and happier, and if it takes another 2 months for me to get to my final goal then so be it :-)

PS - I don't have my stats in my signature but I'm 32, female, 5'6'', SW 178lbs, CW 148.5lbs

Yea, I cut back on my carbs about a week ago and I'm just now seeing it's looks like I've lost a couple pounds already. I was letting myself eat some potatoes, occasional apple etc. Apparently that was all my body needed. I've lost a little on my waist too. Yay! I am about 5'5" and my current weight is 169.2 as of this morning, was hanging around 172. I am thinking about 155 would be about right. I don't know for sure though. I do have a lot of muscle and bigger frame.

MaverickBris is offline Junior Member
    I know your pain, I started Primal in August 2012 and to the end of November I had lost 20kgs (40lbs) - at the moment I am trying to drop that last 6-7ks (14lbs) and it is going so painfully slow! I am stuck at the moment and only losing about 1lb a week, which when you have dropped fast is so horrid.

My journey thus far has been 4.5months and 21kgs (46lbs) - I wish it would hurry up!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    I just dropped weight steadily from 213 lbs to 168 lbs over a 6 month period and have stayed in the 168 to 170 lb range for the past 3 months. I had one sticking point at around 198 lbs for a couple of weeks and then resumed my weight loss. My target weight was actually about 175 so I am very satisfied with where I'm currently at (around 10% body fat). I am 90% Paleo and made sure that I was about 500 calories below my daily maintenance range. Worked out consistantly as well, combining sprinting, body weight exercises and a couple of 3 to 5 mile runs a week. I added IF 3 times per week about 3 months in.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I reckon I am on a plateau now. I had steady weight loss from March t the back end of last month and now it has stopped. Feeling the flab around my belly I think I've got about 15-20lbs to go. I am now relaxing for the holiday period and will get serious again when I get back from my daughter's in the new year.

I believe part of my "problem" is the strength training I am doing. As I can shift more weight, I must be putting on some muscle. I am now going to concentrate on "the look" rather than weight loss.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I plateau'd after losing about 10-12 lbs. The last item I eliminated which started the weight loss again was -- DAIRY. Once I dumped the yogourt and cheese, I saw progressive results. I'm still seeing some re-shaping of the belly/hips area. That was the last fat to finally go and I had to be patient with it (I'm normally an impatient person). Also, increase the walking quickly or sprinting up a steep hill -- repetitions weekly also helped me. Now I'm living in an awesome body and focused on 'tightening' things up in 2013. I'd love to take up Boxing --- but starting with Crossfit for now.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickBris View Post
    I know your pain, I started Primal in August 2012 and to the end of November I had lost 20kgs (40lbs) - at the moment I am trying to drop that last 6-7ks (14lbs) and it is going so painfully slow! I am stuck at the moment and only losing about 1lb a week, which when you have dropped fast is so horrid.

My journey thus far has been 4.5months and 21kgs (46lbs) - I wish it would hurry up!
    Congratulations -- that's amazing results.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast