Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That last 10-15 lbs >:( page 2

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyL View Post
    Thanks. I've never been there and I seem to have lost all patience lately! I feel like I have not eaten like a fat person in a long time and as such I should no longer have excess fat lol.
    Remember the story about the Tortoise and the Hare? The tortoise won the race. Be patient -- your body has healing to do, and it needs to trust YOU. When your body TRUSTS that you will continue and steadily fuel it with healthy, non-toxic foods, it will come 'round and do what it needs to do. I had the hardest time losing the belly fat (and there's still a bit more to go), but I'm wearing a bikni on my beach vacation over Christmas. It's taken a bit of work, but I'm diligent about not putting any toxic crap in this body. I can't wait to see how my body responds to CrossFit in 2013 --- I'm excited to start. I really want to tighten things up and gain strength. Cheers and Merry Christmas! /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I started PB seriously around this time last year at 160 lbs, with a goal of 120-130lbs. At that time 2/3 of my food was in chocolate and cheese. I also went to the gym 6x/week with Stronglifts and cardio. I gained to 165.

As I continued to increase the amount of real food I eat and decreased the activity to 2-3x/week, I've noticed a huge body recomp. Now I'm at around 150-155, aiming for 135-140. I notice that the cleaner I eat (in other words, the less chocolate I eat), the faster my fat loss over a week's time.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I've lost another lb, but it's soooo painfully slow! But that's about 4 lbs down from when I first posted, I'm at 168.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Ashley, you might find taking measurements more encouraging than weighing. Muscle weighs more than fat but is more compact. If you exercise to build muscle then you may weigh more but still fit smaller clothes. Any sign this is happening?

Also focus on how well and healthy you are feeling, compared to before. Eating this way should be worth it for those benefits alone.

Nevertheless congratulations on coming down another pound, it's all progress.

I suspect the closer we are to goal the stricter we need to be to see the results we want- no overindulging even in primal foods, no alcohol, sugar, grains or other non-primal foods, step up the weightbearing exercises and other complementary actions such as getting enough sleep, fresh air and sunshine etc.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I have been measuring, and I have lost some on my waist too. IIRC, probably 1/2" since my first post. I do stop and think about how much better I feel, though there is still room for improvement in that area (but I'm a perfectionist type too - my great grandma could plow a field with a mule from daylight to dusk, carry a 100 lb feedsack a mile and a half- I know I couldn't do that for example). But I've had a lot of inflammatory problems and adrenal weakness in the past, so I may never be 100%. Looking back, I'd basically been inflamed and insulin resistant (maybe even diabetic that last year or more- endless constant hunger most days- what a blessing it is to get FULL!) for nearly 20 years (I'm 27). That's a long beating.

But I do a lot of physical work and I can run several miles and all, so I'm not complaining! I may not have endless energy like I'd want, but I do have a lot of strength.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 12-31-2012 at 06:39 AM.

kcarol is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My 2 cents:

The last 10-15 lbs is a very relative term, and you should be mindful of the "set-point theory," that once you start getting closer to your goal weight or a weight you think is very healthy, the body will start becoming very efficient with energy expenditure. It's very possible your body is fighting those last pounds.

In order to lose weight beyond a point that your body appears to be fighting, I would say you have to trick the body into inefficiency. How you do that is what everyone argues about

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12