Thread: UK - Here's another farm providing great produce... page

Kookie is offline Junior Member

UK - Here's another farm providing great produce...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just ordered my Christmas Goose and Stuffing from this great online farmshop based in North Lancashire.

Green Pasture Farms - Grass Fed Beef and Lamb, Pastured Pork and Chicken, UK Wide Delivery

They also do a huge range of other stuff and advocate grass finished beef and nitrite-free pork products which is just fantastic. They mention "paleo" so are obviously aware of the demand for good quality produce.

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    I've used Green Pasture Farms - they're produce is pretty good and I like the monthly boxes concept, but I couldn't get the delivery to work for me. They were very friendly and helpful though. Living in Scotland, I can get good quality meat that is local and a little cheaper, though.

Kookie is offline Junior Member
    I've just discovered that the owners of the farm also follow the paleo/primal lifestyle which is great.

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    They look interesting - thank you for posting the link.

Like Spuggygirl, I also live in Scotland and have a neighbour who kindly provides me with local, grass-fed lamb and beef (I'm butchering and picking up a quarter cow this afternoon!), and who reckons he can source local pigs, too! But this link might be good as a regular selection box might make a very good Christmas present!

Quote Originally Posted by oliviascotland View Post
    Like Spuggygirl, I also live in Scotland and have a neighbour who kindly provides me with local, grass-fed lamb and beef (I'm butchering and picking up a quarter cow this afternoon!), and who reckons he can source local pigs, too!
    Oooh, lucky you. City-dweller here so I have to make do with an admittedly very good butcher, or the farmer's market (which is v. expensive)....but it's all really good quality stuff.

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    It's relatively speaking cheap here (60 for a whole lamb) as long as there's freezer space. What has been brilliant is the fat available for rendering and the bones for making stock. A whole carcass goes a loooooong way!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kookie View Post
    I just ordered my Christmas Goose and Stuffing from this great online farmshop based in North Lancashire.

Green Pasture Farms - Grass Fed Beef and Lamb, Pastured Pork and Chicken, UK Wide Delivery

They also do a huge range of other stuff and advocate grass finished beef and nitrite-free pork products which is just fantastic. They mention "paleo" so are obviously aware of the demand for good quality produce.

Thanks for that. I use a variety f free range organic farms but it is great to find one that understands the gluten free aspect and makes such efforts to produce excellent food. I shall be ordering from them!

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oliviascotland View Post
    It's relatively speaking cheap here (60 for a whole lamb) as long as there's freezer space. What has been brilliant is the fat available for rendering and the bones for making stock. A whole carcass goes a loooooong way!
    Lamb fat is the one single fat that I don't like - so don't use. I've got a bowl of free range mutton fat sitting on my counter now from roasting a large shoulder - it will go out to feed the birds in this cold weather!

If you like pork, try Peelham Farm - Peelham Farm Produce - Organic Beef Lamb and Pork

The last time I had pork shoulder from then it was stunning. They do some really nice gluten free products and their bacon is out of this world (my favourite ever), although I don't think it's nitrite free.

I generally order and then pick it up from my local farmer's market, but I think they deliver too.