Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Suggestions on how to undo a carb binge? page 3

  1. #21
    PoisonApple's Avatar
    PoisonApple is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Almost Alabama
    Posts
    156
    Primal Fuel
    I'm a downward spiral kind of girl. 1 thing leads to another, more and more cravings.. I've been more than a little off the wagon lately, especially with deserts. I keep using the excuse that I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant... but that's not going to last too much longer. I'm still learning what triggers me and one of my personal mantras is "I've done this before" as in... I've said no before, I was fully primal before, and I can do it again. I've done some research and come to the conclusion that it takes the body an average of 4 days of primal eating to get over the insulin spike/indulgence. Good luck to you
    Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

  2. #22
    Opie's Avatar
    Opie is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    9
    I am personally a fan of cold turkey. Given the addictive quality of the food you are attempting to avoid, it makes sense to not "open the flood gates". I feel the biggest way to stop and to not repeat for me is to understand the guilt I will feel. My body feels different and I know it. I have gotten physically ill at times. I have a friend who has been primal for seven years and she said about the same thing. She'd rather not feel guilty. A good note though to make is that occasional slip ups are normal. I have struggled through 6 months of carb breakdowns to be able to associate the guilt with the action. So, keep trying and forgive yourself as quickly as possible. However, get back on track as soon as possible. The effort is what will get the results.

  3. #23
    Fernaldo's Avatar
    Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    889
    Stop eating carbs. Most importantly, refined sugar.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

  4. #24
    U2sandrah's Avatar
    U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    I am personally a fan of cold turkey. Given the addictive quality of the food you are attempting to avoid, it makes sense to not "open the flood gates". I feel the biggest way to stop and to not repeat for me is to understand the guilt I will feel. My body feels different and I know it. I have gotten physically ill at times. I have a friend who has been primal for seven years and she said about the same thing. She'd rather not feel guilty. A good note though to make is that occasional slip ups are normal. I have struggled through 6 months of carb breakdowns to be able to associate the guilt with the action. So, keep trying and forgive yourself as quickly as possible. However, get back on track as soon as possible. The effort is what will get the results.
    very nice post! thanks!!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

  5. #25
    U2sandrah's Avatar
    U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonApple View Post
    I'm a downward spiral kind of girl. 1 thing leads to another, more and more cravings.. I've been more than a little off the wagon lately, especially with deserts. I keep using the excuse that I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant... but that's not going to last too much longer. I'm still learning what triggers me and one of my personal mantras is "I've done this before" as in... I've said no before, I was fully primal before, and I can do it again. I've done some research and come to the conclusion that it takes the body an average of 4 days of primal eating to get over the insulin spike/indulgence. Good luck to you
    4 days to get over the insulin spike? will keep that in mind and see, thanks for sharing!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

  6. #26
    Sandamel's Avatar
    Sandamel is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    54
    I know you can do this U2sandrah, and I know I need to do it too. Carb binges are a b!tch!

    I think I'm going to try a fast-with-exercise tomorrow. I *just* had a lovely coconut milk steamer (it's almost 9:30 pm) but I vow not to have any food other than coffee with coconut oil, black coffee, water and herbal tea until dinner time tomorrow. I will go for a walk at lunch time, and run up the 6 flights of stairs at work.

    This weekend is a "school weekend" for me - I do once-per-month weekend intensives beginning Friday and ending Sunday. I'll make sure to either pack uber-compliant foods or skip my meals for more fasting time if I can't get organized enough to pack healthy meals.

    So, I'm doing this with you starting right now!

  7. #27
    Sandamel's Avatar
    Sandamel is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    54
    Boo! I broke my fast early. But I did it with healthy food - a big-ass salad. Still committed to detoxing all of my recent cheats!

  8. #28
    ryanmercer's Avatar
    ryanmercer is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Speedway, IN
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandamel View Post
    Boo! I broke my fast early. But I did it with healthy food - a big-ass salad. Still committed to detoxing all of my recent cheats!
    It happens.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

  9. #29
    U2sandrah's Avatar
    U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    130
    yeah! lets do a cheat-detox!!

    i find it extremely difficult to fast... if i may.... i can get detox'd with a diet of less than 50g per day carb allowance.

    i vow that ill go under 50, starting NOW!

    ps.- this means to cut fruit, dairy, nuts and dark choc!!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

  10. #30
    U2sandrah's Avatar
    U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    130
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ok so off to do some chores and a little studying. it has been a crappy day at work, but somehow after coffee, must get some things done before saturday.
    brushed my teeth already, so ill try not to think on eating anything till lunch tomorrow.
    with detail will track menu on MFP to get under 50!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •