Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why am I still not getting used to this? page

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member

Why am I still not getting used to this?

Primal Fuel
    It's been about five months since I first went primal. I pretty much did it cold turkey -- dropped grains, sugar, and dairy all at once. It's been a long time, so why am I still so painfully uncomfortable and hungry all the time?

Here's what today (a typical day) looked like for me:
    Breakfast: 2 cage free eggs (fried in grass fed butter), 1/2 an avocado
    Lunch: other half of the avocado with a Trader Joe's chicken sausage (searched the case for the only flavor that didn't have added sugar -- only meat and spices)
    Snack around 3:00: 3 hard-boiled eggs
    Dinner: 6 oz grass fed ground beef with a handful of peppers/onions and a few artichokes

This feels like a lot of food... yet I still feel like I could die of hunger (or maybe it's not hunger... maybe it's something else).

Something strange I've noticed: if I'm at a restaurant with friends and end up having a little cheat, such as adding in an english muffin with my eggs, I feel worlds better... satisfied for hours. When that happens, part of me wants to say "screw it" and return to my calorie-counting days with grains added back in. But I know that would not be a good choice.

Any ideas? I really appreciate it.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    sounds like you'd feel better with some carbs (and maybe more calories, too).

dgreenwood is offline Senior Member
    If that's all I ate in a day I'd feel hungry too. I'd add in way more vegetables and I'd also be eating more meat.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreenwood View Post
    If that's all I ate in a day I'd feel hungry too. I'd add in way more vegetables and I'd also be eating more meat.
    word...I don't know your particulars, but unless your a 95lb girl that don't look like much to me.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    please. eat.

also: primal is not low carb
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalStudent View Post
    This feels like a lot of food... yet I still feel like I could die of hunger (or maybe it's not hunger... maybe it's something else).

Something strange I've noticed: if I'm at a restaurant with friends and end up having a little cheat, such as adding in an english muffin with my eggs, I feel worlds better... satisfied for hours. When that happens, part of me wants to say "screw it" and return to my calorie-counting days with grains added back in. But I know that would not be a good choice.

Any ideas? I really appreciate it.
    Hmm... it does seem like not enough food, depending on your age and size.

But, about feeling satisfied upon eating carbs - look up hyperinsulinemia and see if you have any of the other symptoms.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, you should be eating more food. Also as has been stated, you don't have to avoid all carbs. A potato is barely 25-30g carbs, if you're working out at ALL (which you should be) and are relatively healthy you shouldn't feel afraid to eat them, or any other starch. If you've eaten that way for 5 months, you must have sorted out all potential issues with metabolic derangement (insulin sensitivity, etc) and probably lost quite a bit of weight so definitely add some starches and re-asses. If you're worried about calories, slightly reduce added fat.

If I were you though, I'd start by just eating more food in general. I literally don't know how people can eat only 2 eggs and feel okay. This morning I had two hard boiled eggs with a can of sardines and a handful of almonds. I don't always eat breakfast, but when I do I like to beef it up.

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't look like a lot of food to me. I know I would feel starving on those portion sizes. Do you actually feel full after eating?

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    It doesn't look like a lot of food to me. I know I would feel starving on those portion sizes. Do you actually feel full after eating?
    No, I usually feel like I could eat much more -- and I think it's obvious from all these replies that I should be listening to my body, not trying to ignore it.

Thank you so much everyone

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Eat some fruit.....
    Have a banana with breakfast. Have an apple with your lunch. Eat two chicken sausages. Throw in some sweet potato with your beef.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast