I'm trying to rebalance my macros. Since I started PB in February, I've been eating very low carb, with high fat and high protein percentages. But lately I've been leaning too hard on the protein.

I could basically survive on nothing but meat, eggs and fat without any mental anguish whatsoever. Unfortunately, I'm very conscious of my meat's sourcing and I'm not a fan of organs/offal - which makes life as a carnivore hard on my budget. Plus, it's probably not the healthiest way to eat.

What I want to try to do is keep my fat percentage high, and stay low-carb, but eat less meat overall. Before anybody worries, I eat a LOT of meat, and I'm not talking about going vegetarian (god forbid). I have a healthy appreciation for our succulent furry (or scaly!) friends. I just want to hit a rational balance that isn't as meat-heavy as what I'm doing right now.

From what I've read, it's entirely possible to decrease protein while increasing my vegetable intake without sacrificing fat. I'd just have to make sure I'm cooking my veggies in (and saucing them with) plenty of good fats/oils, right? My favorites are broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, carrots, peppers/onions, butternut squash, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, etc. So if I just cook these in butter, ghee, bacon grease, coconut oil, olive oil... I'd be on the right track, right?

I like a lot of vegetables and I'm willing to try new ones. I'm also quite fond of the big-ass salad meal, though I tend to eat the top off the salad (any meat/cheese/tomato/pepper/cucumber/carrot/nuts/berries/dressing) and leave the lettuce behind. It's just that until recently my entire vegetable skill-set started with "locate can-opener" and ended with "bring to a simmer".

Will I completely derail myself if I try to rebalance in this way?