Thread: Midway, day 2 page

desertland is offline Member

Midway, day 2

Shop Now
    Hi folks,
    It has been a whirlwind turn of events that brings me here. Have not been on a scale or seen a doctor in years and I find that i need to get rid of 30 pounds and get my blood pressure back down. Won't bore anyone with the details of how I found PB but I did. Got the book yesterday after starting primal eating that morning. ( learned enough to get going from the web site. ) So far I'm neither feeling starved or full but by evening I did have that sensation of a headache coming on. I have not tracked everything but I can say it has been an 80 to 90 % reduction in my carb intake. Anyhow I ended my day by eating a large spoonful of peanut butter and a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. Feelings of a headache coming on stopped.
    Today I did not wake up feeling starved. had an even larger breakfast and now at 2pm I have that "headache coming" feeling. I'm not starving, had my blood pressure checked and I'm not in the danger zone. Just an off feeling. I'm up and doing stuff as I'm not drained of energy though a nap sounds good.

Not having finished the book I suspect what is going on is just normal for such a shock / transition in eating?

Bill

Mac
    Mac is offline Senior Member
    I have lost 30lbs since mid february down from 220 (visible abs now!) and my blood pressure this morning upon waking was 97/56 with a heart rate of 52 - I am 36 years old. Eating the way humans are "supposed" to eat does wonderful things to the body. Once you ditch carbs you will be in control of your eating...I am rarely ever hungry anymore and do a 24-36 hour fast weekly with no problems at all. The freedom from constant hunger is exhilarating :-) I lived a body building lifestyle for seven years eating every two and a half hours (my watch was set to beep) even waking up in the middle of the night to down a protein shake. I was a miserable slave to food :-( Good luck to you!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    It's called the low-carb flu. You will have to ride it out. It's your body transitioning over from using glucose (carbs) as its main fuel to using ketones (fats) as its main fuel. If you eat any carbs at all it will make the flu last longer, so it's in your best interest to cut carbs down to absolute zero for the first few days to a week, until you start feeling better, and then slowly add back in minimal carbs.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Sterling is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by desertland View Post
    Hi folks,
    It has been a whirlwind turn of events that brings me here. Have not been on a scale or seen a doctor in years and I find that i need to get rid of 30 pounds and get my blood pressure back down. Won't bore anyone with the details of how I found PB but I did. Got the book yesterday after starting primal eating that morning. ( learned enough to get going from the web site. ) So far I'm neither feeling starved or full but by evening I did have that sensation of a headache coming on. I have not tracked everything but I can say it has been an 80 to 90 % reduction in my carb intake. Anyhow I ended my day by eating a large spoonful of peanut butter and a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. Feelings of a headache coming on stopped.
    Today I did not wake up feeling starved. had an even larger breakfast and now at 2pm I have that "headache coming" feeling. I'm not starving, had my blood pressure checked and I'm not in the danger zone. Just an off feeling. I'm up and doing stuff as I'm not drained of energy though a nap sounds good.

Not having finished the book I suspect what is going on is just normal for such a shock / transition in eating?

Bill
    Awesome! Keep at it and ask the forum for help or clarifications when needed.

desertland is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    It's called the low-carb flu. You will have to ride it out. It's your body transitioning over from using glucose (carbs) as its main fuel to using ketones (fats) as its main fuel. If you eat any carbs at all it will make the flu last longer, so it's in your best interest to cut carbs down to absolute zero for the first few days to a week, until you start feeling better, and then slowly add back in minimal carbs.
    Thanks.. good to know. I'll have to put more effort into squeezing out all carbs as I did eat some.