Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terrible Hangovers After Going Primal page 2

moonpie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    What's your fluid intake like now compared to before, hangovers are generally largely dehydration symptoms.
    I keep well hydrated...all I drink is water...first thing I drink when I wake up in the morning is a tall glass of water, and aside from an occasional Kombucha, it's all I drink.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
    I keep well hydrated...all I drink is water...first thing I drink when I wake up in the morning is a tall glass of water, and aside from an occasional Kombucha, it's all I drink.
    I've NEVER had a hangover... my friend owns an establishment. I do not pay to drink... this past summer I'd put down 20-30 shots in a night, sleep it off on a couch at the establishment then drive home feeling fine... but, I'd always have a 32 ounce container of water before I collapsed on a couch (not to ward off hangovers though, more of as an alarm so I didn't sleep all day... 32 ounces of urine screaming to get out is a nice natural alarm clock haha).

Not sure how much that has to do with it... but you could always try having a few extra glasses of water before bed when you drink to see if it makes a difference... can't hurt!

KT79 is offline Member
    Hello, all. I've been following a primal diet for 3 or 4 weeks now and absolutely love it! One thing, however, is now I get terrible headaches from even a small quantity of booze. 2 drinks is all it takes for me to feel terrible the next day This has happened on a number of occasions and I have decided to go back to the SAD diet so I can go back to drinking...Just kidding I have basically been forced to stop drinking, which isn't terrible, but damn, I sure would like to be able to have some nice wine or a good craft beer again.

Any suggestions? I don't drink cheap booze, and nothing else has changed...

Are you drinking beer mostly? If so, you may have a gluten issue. I have celiac disease, and one of my main symptoms was a terrible hangover from just 1-2 beers. Removing gluten from your diet can make you more sensitive to it when you do get exposed, so if you have an intolerance, than beer may only now be triggering it. If you've been avoiding gluten, but are getting these symptoms after having a couple of beers, try another kind of alcohol and see what happens.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Hello, all. I've been following a primal diet for 3 or 4 weeks now and absolutely love it! One thing, however, is now I get terrible headaches from even a small quantity of booze. 2 drinks is all it takes for me to feel terrible the next day This has happened on a number of occasions and I have decided to go back to the SAD diet so I can go back to drinking...Just kidding I have basically been forced to stop drinking, which isn't terrible, but damn, I sure would like to be able to have some nice wine or a good craft beer again.

Any suggestions? I don't drink cheap booze, and nothing else has changed...
    I've been primal 6+ months or so....I'm drunk on two glasses of wine. Prior, I could have easily had 1 bottle over the course of an evening and been fine -- not anymore. This is another benefit of being primal -- less booze! woot woot
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by KT79 View Post
    Are you drinking beer mostly? If so, you may have a gluten issue. I have celiac disease, and one of my main symptoms was a terrible hangover from just 1-2 beers. Removing gluten from your diet can make you more sensitive to it when you do get exposed, so if you have an intolerance, than beer may only now be triggering it. If you've been avoiding gluten, but are getting these symptoms after having a couple of beers, try another kind of alcohol and see what happens.
    Following this line of thought OP you could try an experiment... if you are drinking beer go get some Ciroc or Tito's handmade vodka, these are both gluten free (my friend that owns a club has a wicked gluten allergy and they are about all he drinks). Have a similar amount of alcohol as to beer that you are drinking (if you are) and see if it's a gluten thing.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12