Hello all, I am new here and really hoping you can help me.

I have been following the primal blueprint for the last two weeks in the hopes of feeling better and losing weight. Conservatively, I have 100 lbs to lose. While I've been doing the PB my weight has been fluctuating wildly (lose 3 lbs in a day, gain back 7 the next), and overall I have only netted a loss of 1/2 a pound. I have been tracking my foods and activity on fitday, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I will post specifics below in the hopes that you will be able to tell me what the problem is! :-)

I am 42 yo and have been a vegetarian for the last four years, so switching to primal has been a huge change for me. For the last two weeks I have also restricted dairy because I have had terrible recurrent sinus infections, bronchitis, and pneumonia for the last several years, and I am hoping that will help.

In addition to the respiratory infections, I also have arthritis, back pain, low thyroid, and high cholesterol. I have never smoked and only drink alcohol a couple of times a year.

Since switching over to the PB, my sinuses have been a bit better, as has my arthritis and back pain. The first 2 - 3 days were a killer, and I had a terrible case of the low-carb flu, but now I am feeling much better. My sugar cravings are much better, too. I was drinking 2 - 3 cans of Coke a day; I haven't had any pop in the last two weeks!

My problem is that my primary motivation for trying the PB is to lose weight, and I have only lost 1/2 lb. In addition to following the diet portion, I have also been following the exercise and lifestyle program. I walk my dog most days for 20 - 30 minutes in hilly terrain, do the suggested strength training 2x a week (one easier workout, one harder), get 8 - 9 hours of sleep a night, and just try to find ways to move more during the day (I have a sedentary desk job).

Here's what I ate over the weekend (according to FitDay, my lifestyle burns about 2800 calories a day):

Breakfast: 1 serving Walnuts and 1 small banana
Lunch: 2 cups pulled pork (no sauce), 1 large bunch broccoli, steamed, 1 pat of butter
Dinner: Not hungry
Snack: 3 -4 slices of apple with 1 T peanut

Saturday totals:
Calories: 1441 (net -1369)
Fat: 78 g
Carbs: 43 g
Protein: 85 g

Breakfast: 2 cups pulled pork (no sauce), 1 large bunch broccoli, steamed, 1 pat of butter
Lunch: Not hungry
Snack: One small chocolate chip cookie, one serving walnuts
Dinner: 8-oz steak cooked in olive oil

Sunday totals:
Calories: 1558 (net -1294)
Fat: 108 g
Carbs: 23 g
Protein: 122 g

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong???

Thank you so much!