Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diarrhea on Primal page

lwg8tr0514 is offline Junior Member

Diarrhea on Primal

Shop Now
    Have been eating Primal for 4 weeks now and every day between 11am-2pm my stomach has been giving me fits. Loose stools and diarrhea which disappates as the day progresses. I am taking Probitics and am conscious of fat intake being I had my gallbladder removed in February. I have tried to pin down what in my foods maybe giving me the issues. I only eat one low fructose fruit a day like an apple or pear. I am puzzled. Its enough at this point to stop eating Primally. I rarely had stomach problems when I ate SAD. I did read thast diets too top heavy in vegatables and leafy greens can cause this reaction. I do eat tons of veggies, two huge salads a day, lots of veggies with dinner, etc.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    What does an average day of meals look like for you? Are you eating coconut oil? Anything new to you?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    You may need to try eating more cooked veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What does an average day of meals look like for you? Are you eating coconut oil? Anything new to you?
    Average day:
    Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs cooked in butter, a handful of Macadamia nuts, 1 cup of coffee, with one Stevia and a splash whipped cream
    Lunch: Baby greens salad, maters, celery, crumbled raw milk Blue Cheese, a meat or fish like a piece of salmon cooked on George Forman grill. A dressing I made of lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, Extra virgin cold first press olive oil and some Ms Dash.
    Snack: Apple or Pear
    Dinner: meat or cold water fish, double portion of broccoli or winter squash with pepper and onions
    Late night snack: Maybe another handful of Macadamia nuts or Walnuts

Pretty damn Primal I would say.
    I suppliment : A good Multi, Extra D3, 1300mg of Omega three fish oil and a 25 Billion Probiotic.

Nothing I did not eat before, but before throw in a big bagel with breakfast, a potato with butter for dinner and about 3 times a week a sugar laden disaster for dessert.

Very rarely with the coconut oil. I have a real good skillet which needs no oil..

Paleobird Guest
    Are the supplements something that are new to you? There could be some kind of a reaction going on there.

The D3 is new to me, but I added that after the tummy issues started

Paleobird Guest
    Perhaps the probiotic is no longer needed since you have gone Primal. You may be overloading on it.

Zach is offline Banned
    That is a big amount of fat during your breakfast for someone without a gullbladder. Im guessing that is the culprit, also a lot of raw veggies will do it as well because of all the undigestible fiber.

You might want to try a more easily digestable diet, something like a low residue diet. You might need to supplement digestive enzymes when you are having a bigger meal with more fat.

I read the low residue diet and it looks like grains, breads and white rice as a cornerstone, kind of opposite of Primal. I am going to drop the nuts first and see what happens and then maybe scale back the veggies, to like one salad a day and small postions of Broccoli. If I still have issues maybe add in a sweet potato once in a while and as I also read use common sense and eat a smallish lunch, after that meal is when things get nasty. I would realy hate to drop Primal eating. Its been a wonderful thing for me. After my carb flu subsided, have tons of energy and have lost in one month two belt notches. I have no scale and refuse to get on one. My GF says my face is so different, gone is the puffiness and I have cheekbones again. I do Brazilain Jui Jitsu and my normal aches and pains are almost gone when I used to get days after "rolling". I guess that was do to the overactive inflammatory response due to the grains..aka poisons in my diet. I am 46 and have not had this much energy since I was 25. I even was down to a size 31 pants 4 years ago and still felt lethargic, probably to a high carb diet and overtraining.

SJW2 is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I initially had better stool upon switching to primal. However, then it got real bad for awhile, but I stubbornly persisted because of other benefits I was reaping. Personally I think it was too much coffee and/or too many nuts for me. Those were key things with the diet. I thought maybe it was not enough fiber, but I recently started eating even more meat and was more constipated, so I don't think it was the meat. You probably don't drink enough coffee or nuts for that to be it for you though. Ah, a nice TMI post that now forever exists in the internet-lands. Lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast