Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diarrhea on Primal page 2

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Could be the probiotic or perhaps the dairy. Try cutting those to see if it improves.

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Hey! I kinda relate to your experience and what worked for me was to do a very careful meal tracking and evaluating how i felt after each food intake. I did this to narrow down what was giving me IBS episodes.
    I recommend to add and subtract one food item per time, otherwise you are gonna have too many variables and find it more difficult to narrow it down.
    I have a collapsed gallbladder and of course was prohibited high fat meals, and for years i had recurring gut issues, relating them to my poor gall. SO wrong! i just cut out the wheat from my menu and felt great ever since! i keep watching my fat intake so that it doesnt go out of control, but what got me here is a good menu tracking and really listening to my body.
    have not been on the disciplined side lately, but i am at least aware when i mght have an IBS episode, depending on what i ate, direct conection.
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

lwg8tr0514 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by U2sandrah View Post
    Hey! I kinda relate to your experience and what worked for me was to do a very careful meal tracking and evaluating how i felt after each food intake. I did this to narrow down what was giving me IBS episodes.
    I recommend to add and subtract one food item per time, otherwise you are gonna have too many variables and find it more difficult to narrow it down.
    I have a collapsed gallbladder and of course was prohibited high fat meals, and for years i had recurring gut issues, relating them to my poor gall. SO wrong! i just cut out the wheat from my menu and felt great ever since! i keep watching my fat intake so that it doesnt go out of control, but what got me here is a good menu tracking and really listening to my body.
    have not been on the disciplined side lately, but i am at least aware when i mght have an IBS episode, depending on what i ate, direct conection.
    Well I logged what I ate yesterday and changed a few things up. I had only one smaller salad and smaller portions of veggies and guess what no trots in 4 weeks. I think it was my overdoing it on the leafy greens. I am also learning to eat slower and listen to my body. I am\was afraid I was still emotional eating albeit with healthy foods. Emotional eating as in eating past full and eating because I was bored. I was out with my kids Saturday and took them out to a restaurant. I had a wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon crumbles and sparing use of blue cheese dressing. Next I had a sirloin and broccoli. The portion was huge and even my kids commented on it. I scarfed it all down in 15 minutes. Well guess what, combine eating too fast with too much and I had three bathroom breaks over the next cpl of hours. I had basically the same meal last night, smaller portions and ate slow and no problems at all.

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Could it be the nuts or the dairy? (I have issues with nuts in a large quantity).

lwg8tr0514 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reallygravity View Post
    Could it be the nuts or the dairy? (I have issues with nuts in a large quantity).
    Could'nt be dairy, when I was eating my SAD diet, I ate tons of yougurt, milk, cheese. The nuts I don't eat enough of to really matter, maybe one or two small handfulls. Once again tons of them before and no stomach problems. Hate to blame the vegggies, but looks like it maybe them, or too many of them. Had a breakfast of eggs and uncured bacon, took my Probiotic with it and 3 hours now and nada.

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. So eating slow, chewing better (i guess) and taking time to go through a meal is your key to success! Good for you!
    I see it is a different thing for everybody and its good you found your weak spot.
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12