Thread: About to go Primal page

frgsonmysox is offline Member

About to go Primal

Shop Now
    My husband has been talking about this for a while now, but I extremely skeptical. I kept telling him that conventional wisdom said otherwise! For weeks he's been trying to get me to read the book and I kept telling him I'd support him but I wouldn't participate. It wasn't until he read me the pro-breastfeeding excerpts (something that I hold very near and dear to my heart) that I finally picked the book up myself to read. I'm not all the way through it yet, but should finish it here soon.

The main reason I've decided to go Primal is I was diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder nearly 2 years ago - Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I'm 24 years old and have completely destroyed my wrists due to Secondary Osteoarthritis. I'm a few weeks/days away from delivering my 4th child, and shortly after his birth I will begin a 2 year process of undergoing at least 5 surgeries. The first will clean my right elbow up, which is currently stuck in a 90 degree angle bent position. This arm is basically useless, I can no longer reach my face, head, ect... The surgery will remove most of my arm and hopefully restore some function to my elbow. In 4-5 years I will need to have it completely replaced. The next two surgeries will be to fuse my wrists to my forearms. I will completely lose mobility in my wrists when this happens, but it will hopefully restore function - as I currently have very little. The last two surgeries will remove the metal plates and screws a year after the fusion.

Other parts of my body are beginning to deteriorate as well, but I'm hoping to not need such drastic measures to save them. I'm hoping that by changing my lifestyle and eating habits that I may help to retain the rest of my body - or at least prolong the issues.

I won't be doing the 30 day challenge until after my son is born, as I'll be in the hospital and subjected to hospital food which may be difficult to remain primal.

I'm Beth by the way

TimActor is offline Junior Member
    Wow Beth...thank you for sharing that. I guess you could say you're in a unique situation.

I have taken a lot from your story today. I think everyone can.

I'll eagerly await stories of your journey.

All the very very very best :-)

Tim

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Best of luck!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

frgsonmysox is offline Member
    wow, just read what I wrote... I will be having much of my ELBOW removed, not my arm. Sorry for that confusion.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Oh, ouch. I have a friend with EDS. Inflammation makes it worse, and the SAD leads to a lot of inflammation.

Here's wishing you the best of luck!
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    Lots of luck to you! We'll all be here if you need some help along the way. I couldn't imagine going through what you're dealing with, and it would be wonderful if taking on a Primal lifestyle could help your situation.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for sharing, Beth. Please keep us posted on your progress.