Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The first Decade of the Century page 2

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    How bout the "damn I wish we were as cool as generation X generation"?

I actually thought they were the Generation Y though? Or the millennium generation.
    Gen X came after the Baby Boomers, born in the 60s and 70s. Gen Y is after Gen X, in the 80s and 90s. Gen Y is also called Millennial Generation (that's me). Generation Z, or Post-Millennial, are those who were born after 2000, and are still children at the moment.

Right now, the Millennials are those recent college grads to which Mr.Perfidy is name-calling.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    Nah I meant like, Community College crop harvest children. Kids who graduated high school sometime when Dubya was president really, and who sat in class as the Imperial shadow was cast over them and their future.

(all of this would make an awesome Dub step motif, another reason its a good name. Also, none of yall buy weed? A dub is a 20, which is why it is brilliant)
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I call the decade the 2000s. 2012 is two thousand twelve.

Those poor kids. Millenials, not generation Y......

2000s is so clumsy to say. Dub is way better.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    Nah I meant like, Community College crop harvest children. Kids who graduated high school sometime when Dubya was president really, and who sat in class as the Imperial shadow was cast over them and their future.

(all of this would make an awesome Dub step motif, another reason its a good name. Also, none of yall buy weed? A dub is a 20, which is why it is brilliant)
    I graduated high school in 2008, when Bush was president. I then attended community college and got my AA, transferred to a 4-year university. I am not an idiot.

If I wasn't so sure of my accomplishments in academia and the workforce, I might be insulted by what you are saying. I am sure there are a handful of people who graduated high school between 2000 and 2008, then went to community college, who might feel insulted.

You are making a hefty generalization, which honestly does not make sense to me. Where is this all coming from?
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

huh?

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I graduated high school in 2008, when Bush was president. I then attended community college and got my AA, transferred to a 4-year university. I am not an idiot.

If I wasn't so sure of my accomplishments in academia and the workforce, I might be insulted by what you are saying. I am sure there are a handful of people who graduated high school between 2000 and 2008, then went to community college, who might feel insulted.

You are making a hefty generalization, which honestly does not make sense to me. Where is this all coming from?
    Pretty sure he's too stoned to make sense to anyone. Don't take it personally.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I am always totally baffled when people do not comprehend what I am saying; I trick English the fuck out!

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I learned the other day that we are also called "Echo boomers"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    wtf? Like the dolphin?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast