Thread: Any competitive swimmers out there? page

Jareddame is offline Member

Any competitive swimmers out there?

Shop Now
    I wanted to ask if there were any competitive swimmers out there that are also doing the Primal/Paleo thing.

What is your stroke and distance of choice?

Do you swim on a Masters team? If so which one?

What is your favorite workout?

Do you compete?

What primal snacks do you use for re-fuel in between events?

How long have you been swimming?

Are you part fish or other sea type creature?

just curious.

Jareddame is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    My answers below.

What is your stroke and distance of choice? Fly and I enjoy 50m/100m/200m sprints

Do you swim on a Masters team? If so which one? Yes (although not in the mornings as its too damn early for me) Loveland Colorado Swim club.

What is your favorite workout? Sprinting workout with all strokes but light on the back stroke as I get dizzy past 100m

Do you compete? Not this year but I did last year

What primal snacks do you use for re-fuel in between events? Long meets I do homemade dried jerky and sweet potatoes mixed with butter but find that I swim faster if I don't eat much so the food is for after the days events.

How long have you been swimming? Since I was a baby ... swam throughout highschool and college and then took a couple years of a hiatus to pick it up again in my late twenties.

Are you part fish or other sea type creature? Hell yes! More like a sea turtle that loves free diving, scuba, and generally anything to do with oceans, lakes, rivers, streams and pools.