Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthy Mama's Journal (All About Me) page

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member

Earthy Mama's Journal (And now Pregnant!)

Primal Fuel
    12/12/12 will be my first day of Primal/Paleo. I cannot wait. I am ecstatic!!

The past couple years I've done a lot of research on food, nutrition, health etc.. I have been a proponent of natural health since I was a pre-teen, it's just always been my belief that nearly everything can be healed naturally and that it's done with nutrition. I love Hippocrates quote, "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food".

I believe in juicing, I believe in detoxing, I believe in incorporating many components of a raw food diet into my lifestyle and I (obviously) believe in eating Paleo/Primal. Looooooooove meat.

I have a very small frame, and I'm really short. I was always about 102 and then I gained over 80lbs with my first pregnancy at 19. I stayed home throughout pregnancy and ate EVERYTHING. Lots of cookies and sugars, didn't like veggies or fruit. Lots of bread/meat type stuff.

After pregnancy I was able to exercise and get myself down to about 120. I felt great b/c I felt skinny, but my body never felt healthy. I got preggo again and went up to around 150 with her (I worked during this pregnancy and didn't eat a bunch of junk food). I have not been able to lose any of the weight. My eating choices have become healthier since having my 2nd daughter (I eat many more veggies now but not nearly enough) and I eat a ton of bread/dairy and overall unhealthy stuff. We ate fast food for a long time there while remodeling our house. My highest weight has been 160 non-preggo and I'm almost there again. I feel grumpy and unhappy and it's just time to change and get healthy. I'm the biggest role model for my children, but I mainly want to do this for ME and that's the biggest thing.

It's time to be strict with myself and finally stick to this way of eating. I need to learn my triggers (boredom mainly, SAHM) and work towards healthy eating habits. My husband and I really want to try for baby #3 here very soon, possibly this month. Whether pregnant or not, this diet is here to stay b/c it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change (we all know this!).

Current Stats

Sex: F
    Height: 5ft
    Weight: 155
    BMI: 30.3
    Health Issues: Overweight, inflammation (bones hurt), teeth, acne, digestion, bowels, bloating, no energy, mood swings, possible PCOS.

GOAL(s)

Not Pregnant: Around 115 and be healthy and happy with no mood swings!

Pregnant: Weight will not matter, but I hope through eating primal I will lose excess weight that's not needed to sustain the pregnancy and just in general tone up my body for the health of myself and baby. AND, to be healthy and happy and REDUCE mood swings in pregnancy hahaha!

What I plan on incorporating in this journal
    Weekly measurements and weigh-ins.
    Daily food journal.
    Mood changes/energy levels.
    Exercise Log
    Last edited by Earthy Mama; 12-09-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Today is the day (and my families too). Here are my starting measurements.

Bust 41
    Waist 35
    Hips 39
    Butt 40
    L/R Thigh 23.5/ 24.5
    L/R Calf 15/15
    L/R Arm 12.5/13
    Last edited by Earthy Mama; 12-12-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Breakfast
    2 Bulletproof coffee with 1tbsp sugar (this is my vice... sugar in my coffee, this will be gradually reduced, I'm reducing it as it is!)
    I cooked 1/3 lb of pork sausage with 2oz yellow pepper, 2oz onion, 1 mushroom and 2 eggs. I ate about 3/4 of this.

Snack
    shared slim jim with daughter
    Handful of pork rinds
    handful sunflower seeds

Dinner
    Tried to hold off till "dinner time" but became hungry at 3:30. I cooked a steak, cut it up and ate it with some romaine, onion, lemon juice, a dallop of s.cream and a tbsp of taco sauce.
    Last edited by Earthy Mama; 12-12-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

Definitely ate WAY too many calories today. That's ok, by following the paleotrack on my first day it really put into perspective how much sugar and butter I was eating. Butter is not bad, but I need to use it more wisely.

Link for my own records:
    I ate WHAT?

Looking forward to tomorrow. Goal:
    Black coffee with minimal butter until around noonish, then eat lunch, perhaps a mid day snack, dinner around 6 or 7 and some good healthy sleep
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

Starting off this morning with a huge cup of coffee and 1tbsp butter and NO SUGAR!

Food stats so far today:

935 Cals

P:36
    F:70
    C:45

Played outside with my daughters for 30minutes (walk slow part of exercising).
    Last edited by Earthy Mama; 12-13-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

Just ate a great lunch, but now I'm tired.... which is telling me there is something I ate that I shouldn't have. Hm...
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

So I was worried about being tired after eating, did some searches on here and saw that it's quite common. Not going to worry about it (yet lol). Took an hr nap, woke up, made some coffee and I REALLY REALLY wanted sugar and creamer. Real bad. I almost caved and tried to convince myself one "normal" cup would be ok.

I didn't cave.

Instead, I made a cup of cinnamon coffee with raw honey as the sweetner. All I gotta say... not sure if it's the primal "energy" that hit me, or the nap, or the honey in the coffee (even though honey, nor coffee have ever affected me like this before, but maybe the combo of them both..?) but after I drank that coffee.... BaaZINGAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

My house is spotless. I folded all the laundry, cleaned the toy room, did the dishes, cleaned the bathtub, picked up the kitchen, my kids are in the tub, I'm about to vacuum and sweep - WHAT ON EARTH? I'm totally not complaining. I feel GREAT right now lol
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

Day 3 of Primal

Last week I weighed 155.8, this morning 154.2. Small fluctuations. Not my actual "calculation" as I'm only going to officially weigh in every Wed as that's the day I started this.

Got around 8.5hrs of sleep, feel good, sipping on coffee.

Yesterday I tried to hold off till noon before eating anything but I became hungry around 10. I know it will take progress but I'm going to try again today
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

Anxiety/Depression

I have to say that I feel better mentally, even after just doing this for a few days. I noticed this last night as I was going to be (much earlier than I'm used too).

I'm hungry and really looking forward to lunch at noon. I know I'm pushing myself doing this waiting thing, but I really want to do it and see how I feel with waiting to eat till lunch! If I find that I just can't get into that groove after a cpl days, I'll go back to 3x a day and try again in a few weeks or months.

I am feeling great right now. I've only had 1 cup of coffee today and feel more alert than I usually do. I also feel the need to get up and move more so I have to force myself off the computer, lol, I'm just so "into" reading everything on MDA!
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

PrimalCon New York
    Oh Em Gee! I'm so excited for lunch, it smells delicious cooking!

Stats for today so far:

Cals 447

Source Calories Quantity
    Protein 36% 41g
    Fat 39% 19g
    Carbs 25% 28g
    Last edited by Earthy Mama; 12-14-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast