Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Earthy Mama's Journal (All About Me) page 7

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Woo for no crash!
    I have only had BP coffee, and HWC since Sat dinner (monday am here now), and I feel amazing, full of beans, and no hunger. I am just going with it, since I spent so many years stuffing my face to the point of feeling sick. Then trying to starve to make up for it. No wonder i am 100 lbs over weight

Homebirthing used to feel like it was the biggest thing ever to me, but now it just seems normal ya know?
    Are you still breastfeeding your youngest? I stopped my youngest at 18 months, and my oldest at 3 years 3 months. I breastfed them both for around 6 months, then I told my oldest now he needed to stop and it was so stress free as he understood, it was great. But by the time I got to 18 months with my youngest I just couldn't do it any more, and weaning was so stressful and took ages, and I got mastitis for the first time ever, the whole process was so awful, and I should have just stuck it out. I feel so much guilt over it I have offered often since then, but he doesn't know how to suck any more. I still have milk though.
    Blah LOL.

Why do you think you were having too much butter? Due to the candida? Or were you not losing?
    It does feel normal! At least everywhere I go online ppl seem to be well versed in homebirthing. IRL, this small town....heck no. LOL!

I nursed both for 15mths. Had to wean for different reasons with both, I wanted them to self-wean. I find it odd how at the 15mth mark I had to wean both for separate reasons, is that a magical number? LOL! Perhaps #3 will be able to go further in the future haha! I wouldn't feel guilty weaning at 18mths, that's still an amazing success!

I drink (or at least used to) a lot of coffee, so a lot of pats of butter add up in the calorie area LOL!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Goodluck with number 3
    15 months is still pretty good ya know
    Oh yes lots of coffee. I am trying to just have the one BP coffee a day now.

Thanks Ayla

Is this damn detox over with? Had a few bad days there, argh..... every.single.time!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

I'm still here, just very hard to be excited about paleo when I haven't lost any weight AT ALL and the die off is still going strong. I guess I'm just not being strict enough or something... /sigh
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Hey
    I saw your other thread, but will reply here, as now stayed away from the main forum.
    I know you say you are 90%, but if I do 90% I don't lose. If my dairy goes up too much its the same.
    Honestly id try 100% for a bit, concentrating on your macros, (Which does suck!), but only temporary, and see how you go.
    If this doesn't work I am not sure LOL
    You don't have much left to lose right?

There is a big thread on counting calories by Paleobird, plus there is the eat moar fat thread. Hopefully something will help you x

Hey
    I saw your other thread, but will reply here, as now stayed away from the main forum.
    I know you say you are 90%, but if I do 90% I don't lose. If my dairy goes up too much its the same.
    Honestly id try 100% for a bit, concentrating on your macros, (Which does suck!), but only temporary, and see how you go.
    If this doesn't work I am not sure LOL
    You don't have much left to lose right?

There is a big thread on counting calories by Paleobird, plus there is the eat moar fat thread. Hopefully something will help you x
    Hey, just saw this, thanks for the tips. I never expected to be one of the people that has to do it 100% but I guess I am. I'm going to do the 100% for a while and see if that triggers something. I hope so!!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Good luck
    It does suck but I have to be that way, at least for now. I don't miss stuff anyway, and I am sure you will get to that point.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
    I'm still here, just very hard to be excited about paleo when I haven't lost any weight AT ALL and the die off is still going strong. I guess I'm just not being strict enough or something... /sigh
    Hi EM! Just a little note of support... it will get better. You know, I once was told by some very wise day-care worker older mamas that developing kids can do only one thing at a time. Their bodies grow or they learn some new mental capacity - never simultaneously. I saw/see this in my four. And I think it is the same with healing bodies - one hurdle at a time.

I have done some candida research in my time, but never undertook anything about it because I was confused about what to do - too much conflicting info for me lead to paralysis - so I am no expert, but I do know yeast issues are a bitch, and if your body is tossing out the garbage, it has a lot to do. And I think sorry psychological states come with the yeast and the detox.

Hang in there. Try going on a good date night to the improv with the hubby - sometimes a date is exactly what puts my home planet back into its right orbit.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Good luck
    It does suck but I have to be that way, at least for now. I don't miss stuff anyway, and I am sure you will get to that point.
    Thank you I'm really craving crunchy chips/breads but the sugar cravings have dwindled significantly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hi EM! Just a little note of support... it will get better. You know, I once was told by some very wise day-care worker older mamas that developing kids can do only one thing at a time. Their bodies grow or they learn some new mental capacity - never simultaneously. I saw/see this in my four. And I think it is the same with healing bodies - one hurdle at a time.

I have done some candida research in my time, but never undertook anything about it because I was confused about what to do - too much conflicting info for me lead to paralysis - so I am no expert, but I do know yeast issues are a bitch, and if your body is tossing out the garbage, it has a lot to do. And I think sorry psychological states come with the yeast and the detox.

Hang in there. Try going on a good date night to the improv with the hubby - sometimes a date is exactly what puts my home planet back into its right orbit.
    That does make sense, one thing at a time. I've felt ok the past couple days but still real strong mood swings, lethargy etc... And there is so much info on candida and paleo foods in general... I'm just going to take it slow and not be super anal about it. It's definitely healthier than what I USED to eat, so it has to be good for the body even if I'm going slow.

Thank you
    Earthy Mama's Journal

I exercised today. It was for a measly 5-6minutes, maybe, but that's 5-6min I wasn't sitting on me arse!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast