Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Earthy Mama's Journal (All About Me) page 6

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
    I think I can allow one day of 80/20 (to which that 20 will be wine), however eating 80/20 (well, even more so 90%, not even 80) and wine is causing ZERO weightloss and my body just feels icky. LOL!

Sticking to the plan man, I'm sticking to the plan.... lol
    Ah. I thought you meant that you weren't going to allow yourself one single instance of diversion from the Primal at all, ever. Well, in that case, I agree with you then. Eating 80/20 all the time does nothing for me, either.

This Christmas season has shown me approx what makes me feel good, and what doesn't, because now I have 6 months of Primal (one of those was a Whole30) and a pretty liberal Christmas season to compare it to. For me, a lot of it hinges upon two things: the type and quality of the fatty acids, and the type/amount of sugar.

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Potatoes
    Jalapenos
    Ketchup (duh lol)
    Dark Chocolate
    Diary

Those are going to be eliminated for the time being. Going to attempt eating seasonally.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

I've looked here and there about candida die-off, but I have spent all morning/afternoon really reasearching it b/c I'm at my wits end.

I do not have what I thought was carb-flu, it's candida die-off. I didn't come to this conclusion just willy nilly, I've had recurrent (like ALL the time it seems) v.yeast infections for 3-4yrs now so it makes complete sense what is happening.

Light at the end of the tunnel... I'm not going the route of letting it die off slowly, I'm killing it fast and will do everything to detox my body at the same time. I'm so done with this yeast buildup in my body.

Symptoms:
    Fatigue
    exhaustion
    need for more sleep
    nausea
    skin breakouts
    headaches
    fuzzy thinking
    depression
    anxiety
    angry outbursts
    flatulence
    diarrhea
    constipation
    joint pain
    muscle pain
    sore throat
    swollen lymph nodes
    mucous discharge (nose and nether regions)

Fun. Not. So not cool having to deal with this, but I am happy it's my body's way of finally getting rid of something that has plagued me for years.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    OMG you sound like me with the above. I battled it for 18 months after my second son was born. It was just the itch that came out, no obvious redness or anything, so Drs just said ignore it and move on its nothing.
    Then discovered primal, and also realised dairy made it worse. I gave it up on and off during the last year. Now I am using HWC and butter and it seems to be OK.
    I hope you can work it out ASAP, itching in that area drives ya mad I tell ya! Coconut oil on the area helped me tons! Also apple cider vinegar in a glass of water in the morning too (or lemon juice).

I too am a SAHM with 2 boys (5 and 2.5). Have you checked out the Eat Moar Fat thread? Its what is finally working for me I feel amazing!
    Good luck with your journey

BTW love the quote in your signature.
    I am studying to be a naturopath via distance learning, and I am most excited about teaching people about the primal way of life to help them deal with their issues once I am qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    OMG you sound like me with the above. I battled it for 18 months after my second son was born. It was just the itch that came out, no obvious redness or anything, so Drs just said ignore it and move on its nothing.
    Then discovered primal, and also realised dairy made it worse. I gave it up on and off during the last year. Now I am using HWC and butter and it seems to be OK.
    I hope you can work it out ASAP, itching in that area drives ya mad I tell ya! Coconut oil on the area helped me tons! Also apple cider vinegar in a glass of water in the morning too (or lemon juice).

I too am a SAHM with 2 boys (5 and 2.5). Have you checked out the Eat Moar Fat thread? Its what is finally working for me I feel amazing!
    Good luck with your journey
    Yes, coconut oil is something I've used topically for about a year now. I'm also used to using garlic cloves and probiotics vaginally. I've been drinking lemon water the past couple days, I had green tea and chamomile tea last night. I have other herbs to make my own teas out of. What is HWC (edit: figured it out, heavy whipping cream lol)? What is butter for aside eating? Not used to all the acronyms for candida issues I will be checking out that thread here in just a second!

BTW love the quote in your signature.
    I am studying to be a naturopath via distance learning, and I am most excited about teaching people about the primal way of life to help them deal with their issues once I am qualified.
    I try to live by this quote. I do things as naturally as possible (heal myself and family naturally through herbs and food), live naturally (building a homestead that will be self-sustainable right now), even pregnancy and homebirthing My spirituality etc... to me, everything is just better natural LOL!

One of my dreams for years has been to be like a life coach I guess you'd say. I want to teach people how to heal themselves through lifestyle changes and diet. Can't be a teacher unless I can be an example first and foremost though, so instead of all the "learning and not doing", I'm buckling down and doing ALL the doing LOL!! I wish you the best on your naturopath journey

~~~~~~

There have not been any weight fluctuations or measurement changes. I think my body is focusing on getting rid of the candida before it focuses on the weight. I'm fine with that, but ready to get rid of this candida to see the weight come off too!!! lol
    Last edited by Earthy Mama; 01-06-2013 at 07:20 AM.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Wooo for homebirth!
    My second son was a HBAC and it was a beautiful healing experience for my first sons unneccesearean. (failed induction, cascade of intervention and running out of time).
    Yes the garlic and probiotic vaginally helped me too.

Butter I use for bulletproof coffee and putting on veg. Yep HWC = heavy whipping cream.

Wooo for homebirth!
    My second son was a HBAC and it was a beautiful healing experience for my first sons unneccesearean. (failed induction, cascade of intervention and running out of time).
    Yes the garlic and probiotic vaginally helped me too.

Butter I use for bulletproof coffee and putting on veg. Yep HWC = heavy whipping cream.
    Awesome to meet another online homebirther!!

I tried the bulletproof coffee, but found I was eating too much butter and coffee. I'm trying to cut back on the amount of coffee I drink and drink more lemon water and herbal teas to mix it up for my body. I like coffee with coconut oil and (just today) 1 packet of stevia instead of 3-4 LOL!

I checked out the thread, thanks! Since starting this, I guess I've already been on the path of ketosis and LCHF. I normally eat med protein, high fat and low carb naturally, it's taking out all the cheats (the "bad" primal foods) that are getting me right now.

~~~~~

Today I'm feeling FANTASTIC. Energy through the roof (so far, my crash hits around 3pm so we'll see), I've even done all the dishes LOL!!!

Candida isn't driving me batty today either
    Earthy Mama's Journal

No crash yet, in fact, I just vacuumed. LOL!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Woo for no crash!
    I have only had BP coffee, and HWC since Sat dinner (monday am here now), and I feel amazing, full of beans, and no hunger. I am just going with it, since I spent so many years stuffing my face to the point of feeling sick. Then trying to starve to make up for it. No wonder i am 100 lbs over weight

Homebirthing used to feel like it was the biggest thing ever to me, but now it just seems normal ya know?
    Are you still breastfeeding your youngest? I stopped my youngest at 18 months, and my oldest at 3 years 3 months. I breastfed them both for around 6 months, then I told my oldest now he needed to stop and it was so stress free as he understood, it was great. But by the time I got to 18 months with my youngest I just couldn't do it any more, and weaning was so stressful and took ages, and I got mastitis for the first time ever, the whole process was so awful, and I should have just stuck it out. I feel so much guilt over it I have offered often since then, but he doesn't know how to suck any more. I still have milk though.
    Blah LOL.

Why do you think you were having too much butter? Due to the candida? Or were you not losing?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast