Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthy Mama's Journal (All About Me) page 5

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Yup... avocado is good for almost everything that ails you in this house! Too bad we live here in Ohio and have to pay one dollar per piece for the damn things. We put them on burgers, salads, as the usual gaucamole; and also have a few living at this address who will halve one, remove the pit, pour a little vinaigrette in the seed hole, and eat it just like that with a spoon - "avocado on the half-shell", as it were.

Oh, wow - that carby flu. I cannot tell you how zapped of energy I was for weeks on end. I literally felt as if somebody had stuck a power cord into my butt and was draining me of all my energy for some other use, because it sure wasn't available to me. On the one hand it was a royal pain, because I still had a house to run no matter how I felt, but on the other hand, I had already read a lot that told me that the most messed up folks (ie the ones who need low-carb/Primal the most) get some extreme responses, and since that seemed to be me, at least I was fixing a problem before it became a true metabolic syndrome (or some such related icky-ness).

Now that Christmas is here, and I just got back from visiting the family in Germany, I am snacking off-Primal - especially that nice German chocolate I brought back by the pound (my carry-on was nothing but German-language children's books and chocolate - NOTHING ELSE). At least the choc is dark (but filled with alcohol...)!

I have never gone VLC (very-low-carb), but I would agree not to take an extreme stance on carbs at this point. Once your body has adjusted to the regular Primal, there is still time for that.

If I don't "see" you again before then - Merry Christmas, Earthy Mama! (and of course, to the family, too)
    Balsamic vinaigrette w/ avocado sounds delicious...
    That's good to know about the carb flu, I was afraid I may be one of those ppl who has seriously screwed up their body so bad that I'd have to take supplements or something for life LOL! Hilarious about the power cord, I really did LOL on that one ha!

German chocolate? Blasphemy, how dare you write of such godliness in my journal?! LMAO! You enjoy that!!!

I was keeping track on paleo track w/ how many carbs I was eating and I find that I naturally eat around 50ish carbs, some more on some days and some less on others. I'm not going to restrict myself if I'm hungry!

Have a Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Christmas morning breakfast.... pork sausage, eggs, bacon.

And the 6yr old ate an entire pan of bacon by herself LOL!! No complaints here.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Tried making mashed parsnips tonight. They smelt divine, but tasted gross LOL!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Burger topped with bacon, squash and mushrooms. A side of rutabaga fries (but they were too sweet for my liking).
    Earthy Mama's Journal

I need to stop being a dumbass.

I do good for 4-5 days, lose some pounds and then cheat, go back up in weight. Do good for another 4-5 days, then cheats and weight goes back up.

IDIOT, just stick with the damn plan!

Alright. Today is another day for success...
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Major headache. Grinding my teeth at night, clenching my jaw... and my hair is so long it's pulling on my scalp (at least I think) so my head is just sore... Took a nap and woke up with amazing energy but my body was demanding some tuna so I got on that pronto LOL! Currently baking a meatloaf for the fam...
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Did our shopping yesterday and went to our usual chinese restaurant.

Didn't eat my typical eggroll, crab rangoon, general tso's food. I headed to the hibachi grill with a mix of meats and seafood with cabbage, carrots, onion, egg. I did eat a side of fried rice.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

I can't do the 80/20 and I can't do alcohol in the 80/20.

So, that just leaves good ole primal all the time. Lets see how this goes.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
    I can't do the 80/20 and I can't do alcohol in the 80/20.

So, that just leaves good ole primal all the time. Lets see how this goes.
    Good wishes for such a plan! It would be the end of me, though. I need to know that I have a wee escape hatch, vent, allowance, cheat day, whatever, "officially" written into the plan, even if I don't use it much. In a couple of days I will be back on the straight and narrow - once the fridge clears of holiday leftovers.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Good wishes for such a plan! It would be the end of me, though. I need to know that I have a wee escape hatch, vent, allowance, cheat day, whatever, "officially" written into the plan, even if I don't use it much. In a couple of days I will be back on the straight and narrow - once the fridge clears of holiday leftovers.
    I think I can allow one day of 80/20 (to which that 20 will be wine), however eating 80/20 (well, even more so 90%, not even 80) and wine is causing ZERO weightloss and my body just feels icky. LOL!

Sticking to the plan man, I'm sticking to the plan.... lol
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast