Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthy Mama's Journal (All About Me) page 4

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Still here. Getting low on some essentials... and beef. Good thing tomorrow is payday and grocery shopping day, and laundry day and... oy vey....
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Got my coconut everything today! Oil, milk and water, woohoo!

Going to try parsnips in a couple recipes, I've been seeing those pop up a lot lately. Got a rutabaga for rutabaga fries that are DELICIOUS with my paleo friend's italian dressing recipe (she'll be coming out with a cookbook in a few months that's paleo!).

Lots of beef b/c hubby was complaining about all the pork. Did some Christmas shopping, got some stevia... ran out of stevia AND honey so I used sugar in my coffee yesterday. There have been some cheats the past two days and I'm excited to get back on track. Stocked up on things so that the cheats wouldn't happen again!
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

Wow, back up to 154 and no measurement changes. Those cheats add up. I'm happy I really stocked up at the store so those cheats won't happen now. Here's to the beginning of a new week.

On 12/21/2012
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

Also, putting coconut oil back in my coffee with just the right amt of Stevia is great!
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

I have been grumpalicous today, it's HORRIBLE. The kids and the hubby are driving me batshit crazy... I'm also feeling really overheated. Sensitive to noise today, I just want to sit in a dark quiet room but that's not possible. I'm also tired, again, and I've already taken a nap. I will most likely be taking a 2nd nap today.

Not sure if I'm getting a cold/flu something or other or if my body is just mad b/c I eliminated sugar again ha...
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

Well after a 2nd nap I finally feel better. Here's hoping I can go to bed tonight LOL
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

Doesn't look like going to bed is going to be a problem. I'm exhausted....again... Here's hoping I feel better tomorrow.
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

Coffee w/ coconut oil and stevia.

Just now ate at 12:30, at 544 cals
    Protein 16% 22g
    Fat 76% 46g
    Carbs 8% 10g
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

After my nap (after I woke up this morning lol) I'm feeling MUCH better. A lot more energy today than I've had the past few days. Figured out it's the carb flu stuff.

Had some sausage earlier as a snack w/ my coffee.... making a burger with avocado/guacamole. Trying to incorporate more potassium in my diet

Edit: Dear LORD that was gooooood!!! I've never had a burger with avocado before!
    Last edited by Earthy Mama; 12-23-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
    After my nap (after I woke up this morning lol) I'm feeling MUCH better. A lot more energy today than I've had the past few days. Figured out it's the carb flu stuff.

Had some sausage earlier as a snack w/ my coffee.... making a burger with avocado/guacamole. Trying to incorporate more potassium in my diet

Edit: Dear LORD that was gooooood!!! I've never had a burger with avocado before!
    Yup... avocado is good for almost everything that ails you in this house! Too bad we live here in Ohio and have to pay one dollar per piece for the damn things. We put them on burgers, salads, as the usual gaucamole; and also have a few living at this address who will halve one, remove the pit, pour a little vinaigrette in the seed hole, and eat it just like that with a spoon - "avocado on the half-shell", as it were.

Oh, wow - that carby flu. I cannot tell you how zapped of energy I was for weeks on end. I literally felt as if somebody had stuck a power cord into my butt and was draining me of all my energy for some other use, because it sure wasn't available to me. On the one hand it was a royal pain, because I still had a house to run no matter how I felt, but on the other hand, I had already read a lot that told me that the most messed up folks (ie the ones who need low-carb/Primal the most) get some extreme responses, and since that seemed to be me, at least I was fixing a problem before it became a true metabolic syndrome (or some such related icky-ness).

Now that Christmas is here, and I just got back from visiting the family in Germany, I am snacking off-Primal - especially that nice German chocolate I brought back by the pound (my carry-on was nothing but German-language children's books and chocolate - NOTHING ELSE). At least the choc is dark (but filled with alcohol...)!

I have never gone VLC (very-low-carb), but I would agree not to take an extreme stance on carbs at this point. Once your body has adjusted to the regular Primal, there is still time for that.

If I don't "see" you again before then - Merry Christmas, Earthy Mama! (and of course, to the family, too)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast