Really?
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
    Tell the husband to buy red wine.

He comes home with white zinfandel.

Really?
    (Chuckles...) oh, I can commiserate. I send the Hubby to the store with a short, explicit list written on an index card (because index cards are sturdier and harder to ignore) and he comes back with half of the stuff forgotten because he didn't look at the thing once after he walked out the door... He thinks that he has perfect recall or something. Slowly he is coming to realize that he does not, and that after 19 years of marriage.

Red wine - now THAT hubby gets right. If you ask him for red, he will come home with a red from a local winery (Breitenbach Wine Cellars - I like buying Ohio wines) called Roadhouse Red, or a scrumptious thing called Mavrodafne, which is a Greek sweet red dessert wine (you need to get the Mavrodafne from a good wine importer, tho). I do like my wines, like everything else, sweet. If you can get your hands on a bottle of either, I highly recommend it.

That Roadhouse Red makes SUCH a good spaghetti sauce, especially after most of the bottle goes in the pot, minus a fat glass for the cook .

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrunchymama View Post
    Like your username too! I just read about your 1 Tbsp of sugar in your coffee -- THAT was my vice too! I went a few weeks without coffee when I first started and used caffeine supplements when I was really dragging butt. After a few weeks, I read that Mark has 1 teaspoon of sugar in his morning coffee so I thought that I would see how I could handle 1 teaspoon (1/3 of the amount that I REALLY liked). I was pleasantly surprised. I guess a few weeks without any sugar/sweets helped to tame my sweet tooth
    Used to be my problem too, I would have undisolved sugar in the bottom of the cup. When I first tried primal I cut it out cold turkey and now cant stand it. Anytime someone diffrent makes my coffee I smell it before I leave the store to make sure there is no sugar in it. I still use cream though.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    LOL Crabbcakes!!

Slight headache from the wine.
    Will have breakfast today instead of IFing, always hungry the day after drinking. Oh, I didn't cheat though. I ate my dinner "late" last night instead of at "normal" time b/c I knew I'd get the munchies with the wine and I didn't last night! No cheating!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

I'm still eating ketchup with my burgers, except.... this morning it tasted different. Real sugary....
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Alright,... today I just wasn't very hungry. I'm at 1009 calories.
    Protein 19% 49g
    Fat 54% 62g
    Carbs 27% 69g

Ate a tiny breakfast at 9:30 and just ate dinner 6:30. Wasn't hungry between then. Ate a good dinner, but the lack of calories from breakfast and not being hungry today just didn't get me up there.

I'm going to shoot for an overall weekly average of calories. Some days I'm more hungry than others and I just need to accept that's how my body is going to fuel itself, at least for the time being.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Had some cheats yesterday. I have that "frustrated/can't concentrate" mentality this morning. It makes me appreciative of TPB.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
    Had some cheats yesterday. I have that "frustrated/can't concentrate" mentality this morning. It makes me appreciative of TPB.
    Me, too, cheats included.

Sometimes I think cheats are kind of psychologically necessary - just to remind you why you went on the Primal in the first place. Like a fourth-grade teacher at my old elementary once wrote in my autograph book: "I wish lots of the good and a little of the bad". I couldn't figure this out as a 9 YO, so I asked him why he would wish me ill, and he said "It is so you will always know the difference." I never forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Me, too, cheats included.

Sometimes I think cheats are kind of psychologically necessary - just to remind you why you went on the Primal in the first place. Like a fourth-grade teacher at my old elementary once wrote in my autograph book: "I wish lots of the good and a little of the bad". I couldn't figure this out as a 9 YO, so I asked him why he would wish me ill, and he said "It is so you will always know the difference." I never forgot.
    Awww, that is perfect lol
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Lost a little more, of course it could fluctuate... My stomach dropped though, not sure how else to explain it. It's the first thing that happens to my body when I lose weight. Happened when I did a juice detox and when I lost weight earlier this year, so cool.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast