Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthy Mama's Journal (All About Me) page 2

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Drinking more coffee, trying to get over the mid-day slump!

4:30pm now and I'm feeling much better!
    Last edited by Earthy Mama; 12-14-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Dinner's cooking, I've added up my cals and ratios on paleotracker. Only at 1155....

Working on splitting cals between morning coffee, then lunch, then snack, then dinner around 6:30 and bed by 9. I'm certain to need more than 1155. I really am not that good with calories. I know I'll feel full after dinner. I'm really short so curious if that's good enough on cals or not. Ratio is good.. Hm...

Protein 28% 79g
    Fat 55% 70g
    Carbs 18% 51g

EDIT:
    Energy: 1332 calories

Source Calories Quantity
    Protein 28% 91g
    Fat 57% 84g
    Carbs 15% 51g
    Last edited by Earthy Mama; 12-14-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Went to bed with the girls at 8:30... woke up at 6. Now I'm wondering if I'm getting *too* much sleep HAHA!

Down 2.6lbs
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
    Went to bed with the girls at 8:30... woke up at 6. Now I'm wondering if I'm getting *too* much sleep HAHA!

Down 2.6lbs
    Hi EM! With young kids around, there is almost no such thing...

I'm a SAHM myself with four daughters, ages 9 to 15. Good luck with the Primal - I am six months ahead of you. I will check back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hi EM! With young kids around, there is almost no such thing...

I'm a SAHM myself with four daughters, ages 9 to 15. Good luck with the Primal - I am six months ahead of you. I will check back soon!
    Four girls!? How lovely!! We've always thought we'd have 3 girls and 1 boy. I hope to be TTC sometime next Spring/Summer. How do you feel being 6mths in? I'm totally loving this, I've been off/on paleo for about a year now. We just moved in August (making a homestead) and with no running water and 2 skillets (and then just one) to cook out of for 5 ppl (had FIL living here too) it was easiest to go back to canned/packaged gluten/sugar/chemical filled foods. Yuck. I easily gained back all the weight I had lost previously. We just got our RV moved down here to live in while we build our house. I'm SO HAPPY to have my stove back LOL!!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Missouri, eh? I was born in Ft. Leonard Wood (yup, father was Army...). Just to let you know, I really like your user name and avatar. I get called "Earth Mother" by my closest friends because (compared to them) I am really a fan of all things natural, especially healing yourself with diet.

My mom is a shortie, too: 5 feet in the morning, before gravity hits. Her mom is another inch shorter. I got lucky - my mom married a 6-footer so I came out 5'5", while my brother (and only sib) hit 6-feet-even.

I can commiserate on the one-pan lifestyle. While we are not homesteading here (we do live in the middle of our own 25 wooded acres, tho), when we moved in, there were no appliances to speak of and for quite a while I fed a family of six (and assorted guests) from a combo of dorm fridge, two-burner hotplate, and microwave while our renovations were taking place. It always amazes me how much you can do without when the need arises! For two winters, a wooden pallet in the garage was my "freezer". And I hear you on the stove - when we got our Maytag glass-cooktop/double-oven range delivered I thought I had died and landed in some kind of chef-fy heaven! While I do miss the BTU's of our old gas range from NJ (this house came all-electric), we have the rural setting here to do bonfires and ALL kinds of fire in general, so that more than makes up for it.

Actually, I love the Primal. I have some experience with various diets because of my kids: my Second is a dairy-allergic celiac (so she eats dairy-free/gluten-free), Third has gut issues and needs the SCD, First is sensitive to artificial chemicals in food like colors and preservatives (so that one eats with the label "clean eating"), my Fourth is simply PICKY (which is like a strict diet all by itself), and I used to be a long-term ovo-lacto veg. Hubby is a fan of the proverbial "see-food" diet: he eats all he sees... I hope to combine Primal with a huge shot of Raw in 2013, which I think will be the absolute ticket for me. Here on the MDA I label my kids like Charlie Chan's sons - by numbers, so that makes my oldest First, my second-born Second, and so on.

I am not dying in any sense of the word, but Primal is hitting all my difficult spots: weight gain after anti-depressants, dumpy mood, massive Southern sweet tooth, low energy, flabby muscles. I love vegetables with a passion, but hate "exercise" with the same passion, so the Hard Body thing is yet to happen for me.

You are welcome any time to drop by my journal and read around "Gettin' All-Primal in the Appalachians" (just so I don't chat up your journal too much as I do like to talk ). I don't know how to do links yet... welcome to the MDA!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Missouri, eh? I was born in Ft. Leonard Wood (yup, father was Army...). Just to let you know, I really like your user name and avatar. I get called "Earth Mother" by my closest friends because (compared to them) I am really a fan of all things natural, especially healing yourself with diet.

My mom is a shortie, too: 5 feet in the morning, before gravity hits. Her mom is another inch shorter. I got lucky - my mom married a 6-footer so I came out 5'5", while my brother (and only sib) hit 6-feet-even.

I can commiserate on the one-pan lifestyle. While we are not homesteading here (we do live in the middle of our own 25 wooded acres, tho), when we moved in, there were no appliances to speak of and for quite a while I fed a family of six (and assorted guests) from a combo of dorm fridge, two-burner hotplate, and microwave while our renovations were taking place. It always amazes me how much you can do without when the need arises! For two winters, a wooden pallet in the garage was my "freezer". And I hear you on the stove - when we got our Maytag glass-cooktop/double-oven range delivered I thought I had died and landed in some kind of chef-fy heaven! While I do miss the BTU's of our old gas range from NJ (this house came all-electric), we have the rural setting here to do bonfires and ALL kinds of fire in general, so that more than makes up for it.

Actually, I love the Primal. I have some experience with various diets because of my kids: my Second is a dairy-allergic celiac (so she eats dairy-free/gluten-free), Third has gut issues and needs the SCD, First is sensitive to artificial chemicals in food like colors and preservatives (so that one eats with the label "clean eating"), my Fourth is simply PICKY (which is like a strict diet all by itself), and I used to be a long-term ovo-lacto veg. Hubby is a fan of the proverbial "see-food" diet: he eats all he sees... I hope to combine Primal with a huge shot of Raw in 2013, which I think will be the absolute ticket for me. Here on the MDA I label my kids like Charlie Chan's sons - by numbers, so that makes my oldest First, my second-born Second, and so on.

I am not dying in any sense of the word, but Primal is hitting all my difficult spots: weight gain after anti-depressants, dumpy mood, massive Southern sweet tooth, low energy, flabby muscles. I love vegetables with a passion, but hate "exercise" with the same passion, so the Hard Body thing is yet to happen for me.

You are welcome any time to drop by my journal and read around "Gettin' All-Primal in the Appalachians" (just so I don't chat up your journal too much as I do like to talk ). I don't know how to do links yet... welcome to the MDA!
    I was reading through some of your journal this morning, will get through all the pages today, lol, I love reading. I'm also not one big on exercise. Right now I'm starting slow with walking, squatting and running around outside with my kids... speaking of which, I promised them a scavenger hunt outside so off I am....
    Earthy Mama's Journal

thecrunchymama is offline Junior Member
    Like your username too! I just read about your 1 Tbsp of sugar in your coffee -- THAT was my vice too! I went a few weeks without coffee when I first started and used caffeine supplements when I was really dragging butt. After a few weeks, I read that Mark has 1 teaspoon of sugar in his morning coffee so I thought that I would see how I could handle 1 teaspoon (1/3 of the amount that I REALLY liked). I was pleasantly surprised. I guess a few weeks without any sugar/sweets helped to tame my sweet tooth

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunchymama View Post
    Like your username too! I just read about your 1 Tbsp of sugar in your coffee -- THAT was my vice too! I went a few weeks without coffee when I first started and used caffeine supplements when I was really dragging butt. After a few weeks, I read that Mark has 1 teaspoon of sugar in his morning coffee so I thought that I would see how I could handle 1 teaspoon (1/3 of the amount that I REALLY liked). I was pleasantly surprised. I guess a few weeks without any sugar/sweets helped to tame my sweet tooth
    Unfortunately, 1tbsp was me already cutting it down. I love sugar in my coffee LOL! The honey in the coffee has been a sufficient substitute for the time being, thankfully!!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Played outside with my girls, did a few squats. Went on a walk with them over to our other driveway on the 11acres, decided to go further down the rocky road. Let the girls bring their pumpkin buckets, they wanted to throw big rocks in them, they eventually became heavy and they each gave them to me. So... walk slow, pick heavy things up LOL, worked out well
    Earthy Mama's Journal

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast