Thread: New to pb page

missnat is offline Junior Member

Cool New to pb

Hello,
    I have suffered from IBS for years and have always followed what I thought was a healthy diet according to CW. Despite my "healthy diet" I have been plagued by stomach cramps, bloating, constipation, stomach making funny noises etc and have been on anti- spasmodic medication for years and it has really affected my life.
    I have been following pb for a few weeks after reading mark's book and I would just like to comment that my symptoms have all but dissapeared and I have stopped taking my medication, which I never thought was possible, I can't believe it !
    Initially I didn't think I would be able to give up grains and breads but now I wish I had known this was causing my problems years ago, now I don't think I will ever eat bread again! I am not overweight but would like to decrease my bodyfat and increase my musclemass and with the results I have had so far with my health any fat loss will just be a bonus!

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Missnat, your story sounds almost the same as mine, except I was overweight to boot. Congratulations on defeating the IBS, I know how awful that is. But curing IBS is really just the start of the benefits. I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised at how your body changes once you're giving it good food only and digestion is no longer a struggle. After a few weeks, the carb cravings should be reducing. I didn't really believe it when people told me they would go away completely -- I was a lifelong addict to bread and sugar. Yet after three months, the only carbs I want are from veggies. Miraculous!

Welcome to the community. I hope you'll keep us posted on how you're feeling!
    Last edited by Timothy; 04-15-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: typo

strom is offline Senior Member
    I haven't quite fully adapted to the primal diet yet. I'm gradually phasing it in. I've got Crohns too. You said all but dissappeared, in 2 weeks, which is great. What didn't disappear in 2 weeks?

missnat is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi strom and tim,
    I am not totally primal yet, just still adapting, I have managed to cut out all grains and bread products, the only problem I had was when I had some cheese which gave me some gastro discomfort, so I suppose I should ditch the cheese, one step at a time! I hope your crohns gets better strom I have had IBS for about 10 years after a bad bout of gastroenteritis and in the last few weeks I feel so much better and more confident as well that my stomach is not going to start playing up and making strange noises to boot! Tim you look really great and healthy i am glad you have beaten your IBS and improved your overall health too, I am only 12lbs from ideal weight so I hope by following pb I can shift them just in time for the summer! x