Thread: Hey Ladies - Need Recommendation for Gym Bag for My Wife page

john_solo is offline Senior Member

Hey Ladies - Need Recommendation for Gym Bag for My Wife

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

My wife has recently changed her schedule around and is able to go to the gym in the mornings a few days out of the week. That means she also showers and preps at the gym as well, lugging all her make-up, a hair dryer, clothes, and whatever else she needs to get ready for work with her. Her current gym bag is woefully inadequate. Just too small and not very easy to get at things that may have found their way to the bottom.

I'd like to get her a new bag for Christmas. I have an Endurance Bag and love it, however I'm not sure if that would be the best for her. Can some other female commuters in the same boat offer some recommendations?

Thanks!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I have one of these:

Puddle Jumper bag on the O List!

I find the shoe compartment is big enough for a pair of VFFs plus some flip-flops for the shower, and it has several external and internal pockets for organizing stuff. I use it for the gym and sometimes for travel (although I like flying with a backpack better). It's stood up well for about 6 years now.

Oh, and I had mine before Oprah put it on her list :P
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I personally would love one of these --> Title Nine - Weekend Warrior Bag

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I have one of these: Amazon.com: adidas Women's Squad 5130715 Duffle Bag,Mercury Grey/Electricity,One Size: Sports & Outdoors

I actually got it for my upcoming travel to see my parents across the country, it's going to be my carry on. It's quite roomy. There are nice color options for the ladies- yellow, pink or purple accents.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It is a compromise between being able to fit everything in and being able to stuff it in the gym locker. My current bag is from Superstore, and I really like that it is long and have lots of pockets.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    The locker thing is one of the reasons I like the vertical style of my current bag as compared to a longer rectangular one. I've seen some nice backpack-style ones that would fit a locker well too.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    You can try just getting her a weekend type of bag. I obviously don't know your wife but for me personally I don't like the sporty gym bags. It's not my style. Does she really need to carry her blow dryer. Most gyms supply those things now. Also as others mentioned you have to consider the size of the bag since it might not fit into a locker.

relaygirl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    wow-I love both the Puddle Jumper and the Title Nine bag--really great!